Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » HardCoreTalk.com » AMENDMENT II & THE PLEDGE » Unintended Consequences

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unintended Consequences
Rick44
Member # 3348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick44         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

I'm probably preachin to the chior here, but has anyone read the book "Unintended Consequences" Author's name is Ross.

Simply an outstanding book dealing with second ammendment issues.

Rick

--------------------
God grades on the cross, not the curve.

Posts: 23 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
JJ
Administrator
Member # 1163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep I still didn't finish it.
You read the The Turner Diaries?

--------------------
The greatest feat the Devil ever achieved was convince the world he didn't exist.

Neca eos omnes Deus suos agnoscet
Translation:
"Kill them all.
God will know His own."

Posts: 10413 | From: Pa. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
gwynyvyr
Member # 3356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwynyvyr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read the Turner Diaries and still don't know why so many people got upset about it.
It was written, as MANY books are, from a *what if* point of view. During the actual time it was written, when laws were being changed rapidly, many people were viewing such accelerated change with alarm.
I have seen books that use the same writing/plot device on best-seller lists...
There have been several that novelized the world as it would be today (or in the future) if:
The South had won the Civil War
Germany or Japan had won WWII
Certain presidents had NOT been elected
and so forth...
Yes, the author was racially biased, but again, look at WHEN the book was actually written AND where the author was AND the authors background.

If you delve deep into the book and get past the *civil rights* issues, the author makes some very good arguements for the Second Ammendment and the right and duty of the American people to revolt when the Constitution becomes a document of tyranny,and not the espousal(adoption and/or declaration) of the rights and freedoms of the American people as it was meant to be!

You can order it from Amazon, but what is interesting is reading the reviews posted HERE:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1569800863/103-9714794-2475840?v=glance&n=283155

--------------------
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss.
Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 59 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hawk45
The 'FUCK YOU" kind of Moderator
Member # 3329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gwynyvyr......I simply cannot focus on reading your post with them hooters literally slapping me in the face! LMAO!!! Love ya gal..... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
FUCK OBAMA AND ALL LIBERAL ASSWIPES.

Posts: 2524 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pennville bill
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennville bill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rick44:
[Big Grin]

I'm probably preachin to the chior here, but has anyone read the book "Unintended Consequences" Author's name is Ross.

Rick

Yes, twice. Should be required reading any and everyone supporting the 2nd amendment.

--------------------
Regards,
Bill
_ _______________________________ _
I could eat a can of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that.

Posts: 5508 | From: East central Indiana | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rick44
Member # 3348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick44         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Unintended Consequences book does get a little dry and chewy towards the beginning, but it really heats up in the back nine.

I'll have to look for those Turner Diaries; I've never read them.

The protagonist in Unintended Consequences sort of uses the Leaderless Resistance principles to achieve his aims. (pun intended)

[Big Grin]

--------------------

JJ
Administrator
Member # 1163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pennville bill:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick44:
[Big Grin]

Rick

Yes, twice. Should be required reading any and everyone supporting the 2nd amendment.
That and "The Wichita massacre"

http://www.amren.com/0208issue/0208issue.html#cover

--------------------
The greatest feat the Devil ever achieved was convince the world he didn't exist.

Neca eos omnes Deus suos agnoscet
Translation:
"Kill them all.
God will know His own."

Posts: 10413 | From: Pa. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rick44
Member # 3348

Yeah, that one torqued my jaws a little too.

--------------------

Rick44
Member # 3348

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1888118040/002-1717271-4491206?v=glance&n=283155

--------------------

shadowdog
Member # 3357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowdog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read it - very good book.

Has anyone read Patriots by James Wesley, Rawles? It's another good page turner.

[Smile]

Posts: 5 | From: Cali | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rick44
Member # 3348

Patriots is another excellent book. J.W, Rawles has a daily blog that is very informative.

http://www.survivalblog.com/

--------------------

shadowdog
Member # 3357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowdog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look at survivalblog every day.

I don't know if you meant for this thread to turn into a book list, but another good read is Enemies Foreign and Domestic by M. Bracken.

The abuse by the Freddies gets yer blood boiling, but the story is great!

Posts: 5 | From: Cali | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
davej
Member # 3292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davej   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Molon Labe by Boston T Party? Nice piece of fiction.

--------------------
http://www.TacticalWarfighterGear.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.