Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » Weapons » MILITARY WEAPONS » Your Favorite Weapon.... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your Favorite Weapon....
STRIKER1
Member # 3330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STRIKER1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To those who are ex or current Military I'd like to ask what your favorite weapon was/is?

Mine's the claymore. (no pun intended)

--------------------
U.S. ARMY
CALL ON ME.

Posts: 133 | From: IOWA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Booker
Member # 3326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Booker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by STRIKER1:
To those who are ex or current Military I'd like to ask what your favorite weapon was/is?

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1125 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pennville bill
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennville bill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
F4E Phantom

--------------------
Regards,
Bill
_ _______________________________ _
I could eat a can of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that.

Posts: 5508 | From: East central Indiana | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
STRIKER1
Member # 3330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STRIKER1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhh....

The TERMINATOR!

--------------------
U.S. ARMY
CALL ON ME.

Pennville bill
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennville bill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And while it wasn't a weapon per se, my favorite plane of all time was the SR-71.

--------------------
Regards,
Bill
_ _______________________________ _
I could eat a can of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that.

Posts: 5508 | From: East central Indiana | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bad Company
Member # 3360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bad Company     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me.
STRIKER1
Member # 3330

quote:
Originally posted by Bad Company:
Me.

Good answer.

--------------------
U.S. ARMY
CALL ON ME.

gripper
Member # 3309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gripper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PRC 77...I could make my problems someone else's quickly....seriously;although it was not/is not my favorite platform;I did good enough with the M16 series;I'd not feel naked before mine enemies with a properly set up(for reliability!)M16A1 or A2...I don't like th eM4(short barrel+infantry rifle=BAD IDEA).If given a choice of ANYONE's military issue;I'd pick the "other guy's " rifles;the Kalashnikov.That would be neck and neck with an FAL with the Izzy HB bolt carrier group for reliability(no reciprocating bolt handle,but the added mass helps operation).
Our own?M14(of course!!) and for old school house cleaning;the M3 grease gun.When I was in my alternate MOS(19D10) a LONG time ago;the tankers&vehicle recovery crews had 'em,and they were both fun to shoot and reliable.
Any here have any issues with them??

Posts: 39 | From: nashua nh | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zoobear
Member # 3339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zoobear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by STRIKER1:

Mine or sword??
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Dont poke the bear.

Posts: 61 | From: High Ground | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jungle Work
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jungle Work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CAR-15 with 14 inch barrel.

Jungle Work

--------------------
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Graduate: University of South Vietnam School of Jungle Warfare

Posts: 6016 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
DocZeus
Uncommon Drunk
Member # 3337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DocZeus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
M60E3, or Ma Deuce (M2).

--------------------
"Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentation of the women!"

Posts: 2674 | From: Central KY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Specter1775
Member # 3269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Specter1775     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Favorite...hummmmm

Vehicle/Tripod mounted, a tie between the 106mm recoiless Rifle and the M-2 50.cal HB Machinegun. Shooting both gave me a thrill I still remember many years later.

Shoulder fired, the M14

Handgun, the 1911

Runners up, the M79 "Bloop gun" and MP-5 sub machinegun.

What, pick one, are you crazy?..LOL

Semper Fi

Spec

Posts: 65 | From: Oahu Hawaii | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXAS GUNMAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My M4gery,glock and my tora kukri.

TG

Posts: 1988 | From: texas | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
JJ
Administrator
Member # 1163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS GUNMAN:
My M4gery,glock and my tora kukri.

TG

What ?
You use to be an AK man if I'm not mistaken.

--------------------
The greatest feat the Devil ever achieved was convince the world he didn't exist.

Neca eos omnes Deus suos agnoscet
Translation:
"Kill them all.
God will know His own."

Posts: 10413 | From: Pa. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
JJ
Administrator
Member # 1163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
The greatest feat the Devil ever achieved was convince the world he didn't exist.

Translation:
"Kill them all.
God will know His own."

TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXAS GUNMAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That true, still like the AK,but after spending seven days out at the ranch doing a side by side shoot between AK and AR, ran 1000+ rounds in each rifle without cleaning,both ran great, but the AR just out shot the AK, we are speaking of semi auto.
AK get yeah killed in a real world shoot out.

Damn rifle addictive. [Big Grin]

TG

TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

Also on another note, went from 1911 to Glocks. [Eek!]

TG [Big Grin]

TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

Nice rifle JJ, have a few, use to have all mine set up like yours, but it was to heavy for a fighting rifle.
So, I set this one up KISS, it my main sweety.
Bushmaster lower and Colt upper,14.5 with Phantom f/s,PRI charging handle,H buffer,m16 carrier, also chromed lined with 1/7 twist.
 -
Here my 20" Colt,1/7 twist.govenment profile bbl.
 -
Bushmaster, has a differnt rear sight, since pix was taking.
 -

TG [Cool]

JJ
Administrator
Member # 1163

quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS GUNMAN:
Also on another note, went from 1911 to Glocks. [Eek!]

TG [Big Grin]

Thats sacrilege! [Big Grin]

You went from a real gun to a piece of plastic that goes KABOOM?

--------------------

Translation:
"Kill them all.
God will know His own."

TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

I still have a 1911, but she doesnt get used as much.(it the first one I ever built)

The glock, has been dependable and accurate out of the box.
But I've added a 3.5 trigger,steel guide rod and trijicon night sights.

Also larger mag capacity, less maintenance.

I wanted the perfect shft sidearm. [Razz]

TG

JJ
Administrator
Member # 1163

By the way , nice AR'a TG

--------------------

Translation:
"Kill them all.
God will know His own."

TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

Thanks JJ, I've yet to see a ugly AR. [Wink]

TG [Cool]

Pud
Member # 532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pud     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 6748 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PGB
Member # 3321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for my part I'm a garand nut, and always will be. After that it's the 1911. I really believe that no one really needs more than a garand and a 1911.

Amy

--------------------
-------------------------------
This is my keyboard.
There are many like it, but this
one is mine...
--------------------------------

Posts: 132 | From: Ranger TX | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Friend
Member # 3311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being an old fashioned sort, I like my M1A and 1911 with the AR15 being a close second.
Posts: 325 | From: Where you least expect | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.