Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » OUTDOORS » Bug Out Shelters

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bug Out Shelters
Hawk45
The 'FUCK YOU" kind of Moderator
Member # 3329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any of you guys/gals have a Bug-Out Shelter set-up for you & family if a worst case scenario happened?

--------------------
FUCK OBAMA AND ALL LIBERAL ASSWIPES.

Posts: 2524 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bad Company
Member # 3360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bad Company     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three options. I've got a poncho liner in my bob. A small pup tent in both trucks. Hopefully I will be able to bring the pop up camper. Sleeping on the ground isn't as much fun as it used to be.
Hawk45
Member # 3329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have gone way beyond that here on the farm. Our BO Shelter now consists of 3 steel shipping containers....each 8x8x40....all connected together....and well hidden. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

zombo
Member # 2219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zombo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a shack in the sticks.(a rather elaborate shack). the shipping containers sound like a good idea.
Posts: 1002 | From: fayette county wv | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
zombo
Member # 2219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zombo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and don't forget, have plenty of toilet paper!
Posts: 1002 | From: fayette county wv | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hawk45
Member # 3329

quote:
Originally posted by zombo:
i have a shack in the sticks.(a rather elaborate shack). the shipping containers sound like a good idea.

I have been working this project (off a set of written plans) for the past 5 years. Final landscaping is now in progress and should be finished by the end of this summer....if my Bulldozer don't die on me.....LOL!

--------------------

Booker
Member # 3326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Booker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hawk45:
quote:
Originally posted by zombo:

I have been working this project (off a set of written plans) for the past 5 years. Final landscaping is now in progress and should be finished by the end of this summer....if my Bulldozer don't die on me.....LOL!
Hawk,

Don't forget the JBB, ya know what I mean..LOL [Big Grin]

Regards,
Booker

Posts: 1125 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sierra
Member # 3361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sierra         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hawk
It sure would be nice to see some pictures, to see how you have it all set up.

Posts: 86 | From: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hawk45
Member # 3329

quote:
Originally posted by Sierra:
Hawk
It sure would be nice to see some pictures, to see how you have it all set up.

No pictures dear.....

I will say that all 3 containers have been modified and welded together to form one large unit. That entire unit was placed into a very large cut-out which I did into the side of a very large hill here on the farm. I bermed over the entire unit with a bulldozer.

As it is now you can't tell what is there....and even if you were within 30 feet of the entrance front you'd never know it or see it. By summers end all particular landscaping will be done and the entire unit will be heavily covered with briar bushes. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sierra
Member # 3361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sierra         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Briars will keep most people out, if they get too thick do you think it will keep you out?
Posts: 86 | From: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
DocZeus
Uncommon Drunk
Member # 3337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DocZeus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Bug Out Shelter for Me and Mine, except in case of Dire Emergency.

Much More to survive with in place at the Homestead. [Big Grin]

If TSHTF, would implement "DefCon" procedures to keep out the Roamers (Concertina Wire, 40,000 Volt AC Fence Charger, Miscellaneous Concoctions of Household Chemicals "In the Proper Proportions"(According to Bert Gumer!), etc. [Big Grin]

Coyotes Gotta Eat, too.......... [Eek!]

--------------------
"Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentation of the women!"

Posts: 2674 | From: Central KY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hawk45
Member # 3329

Doc....don't forget the punji traps. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

http://www.gruntonline.com/NVAandVC/boobytraps1.htm

--------------------

Jungle Work
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jungle Work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't plan on "Buggin Out" since I'm pretty much "Bugged Out" where I live. But I do carry two military ponchos and two poncho liners in my "Immediate Vacation" Bag. In the winter I carry a cold weather sleeping bag.

Where I carry this bag is when I go out of town.

Jungle Work

--------------------
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Graduate: University of South Vietnam School of Jungle Warfare

Posts: 6016 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
PGB
Member # 3321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't you supposed to have claymores around the top of it? You didn't forget those did you? What if you have to blow the slopes, er... NASA's off the roof?

Amy

--------------------
-------------------------------
This is my keyboard.
There are many like it, but this
one is mine...
--------------------------------

Posts: 132 | From: Ranger TX | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
DocZeus
Uncommon Drunk
Member # 3337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DocZeus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PGB:
Aren't you supposed to have claymores around the top of it? You didn't forget those did you? What if you have to blow the slopes, er... NASA's off the roof?

Amy

Don't need 'em.....I just pitch half a rack of BBQ Ribs and some Watermelon Rind out the back door; when they come down, I pop 'em....Baited Field, and all that.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentation of the women!"

Posts: 2674 | From: Central KY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hawk45
Member # 3329

quote:
Originally posted by DocZeus:
quote:
Originally posted by PGB:

Amy

Don't need 'em.....I just pitch half a rack of BBQ Ribs and some Watermelon Rind out the back door; when they come down, I pop 'em....Baited Field, and all that.... [Big Grin]
Damn Doc you snuck that one right in on me! ROTFLMAO!

--------------------

TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXAS GUNMAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a little bivy tent in my back pack, it is a one man tent,light weight.
I also have cabin tents, for long term.

Nothing fancy.

TG

Posts: 1988 | From: texas | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.