Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARD » So what's new in your world

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So what's new in your world
fastmover
Member # 3347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastmover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what is new in your life???

Well I just joined the reserves and am enjoying the rain today.......

If it is muddy may take the jeep out for a little mudbath....

It sux I gotta got to work tomorrow though.....Damn retirees...you all have it made....

Posts: 201 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hawk45
The 'FUCK YOU" kind of Moderator
Member # 3329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn retirees...you all have it made....

ROFL! Suck it up Junior....yer day will come! LOL!

As to whats new....We are scheduled to close next week on another parcel of land (60 acres) which we purchased from a retiring farmer on the back side of our farm. This will bring our total acreage here at Whiterock Farm to nearly 400 acres.

And yes....I am done buying any more land! LOL!

--------------------
FUCK OBAMA AND ALL LIBERAL ASSWIPES.

Posts: 2524 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Booker
Member # 3326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Booker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there youngin,

gettin older does have it downside..enjoy your youth. Well me and the wife planted 15 junta giant tree's they are evergreens..to help out the varmints here. Drove to town and took care of some business, I gotta get to the range tommorrow, I have not had any trigger time in a long time.

Regards,
Booker

Posts: 1125 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
DocZeus
Uncommon Drunk
Member # 3337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DocZeus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's new in my life, Huh?

Let's see.....I'm at work right now (yeah, I know, BITE me, retirees! [Big Grin] ), but I'm gettin' paid $20/hr. straight-time to do this, and wait 'till somethin' breaks.....

Went to the Range with the wife and daughter yesterday. We all got some enjoyable, needed "trigger time"....22 LR, 9mm, and .45 ACP.

Had a big cookout yesterday at the parents house....Mushroom & Swiss Cheeseburgers, brats, jalapeno poppers, cole slaw, etc.....YUMMY!

Settled down last night to watch "Underworld:Evolution" with a double Woodford Reserve in my hand.

Life is DEFINITELY good! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentation of the women!"

Posts: 2674 | From: Central KY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to my club range this PM,

Took two S&W .45 ACP revolvers, the 25-2 and the 626-2. Blew away 150 rounds of handloaded .45 Auto Rim ammo. One box was dated 1984 and every round fired in the 25-2. But the brass was over 30 years old and was getting brittle. Had several full length case splits right down to the web. Discarded the brass in the trash barrel to keep it from by recylced by the local brasshounds.

Came home and looked at the grass. Needs mowing. Tomorrow......

The Retired One

Posts: 12915 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Booker
Member # 3326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Booker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DocZeus:
What's new in my life, Huh?

Let's see.....I'm at work right now (yeah, I know, BITE me, retirees! [Big Grin] ), but I'm gettin' paid $20/hr. straight-time to do this, and wait 'till somethin' breaks.....

Went to the Range with the wife and daughter yesterday. We all got some enjoyable, needed "trigger time"....22 LR, 9mm, and .45 ACP.

Had a big cookout yesterday at the parents house....Mushroom & Swiss Cheeseburgers, brats, jalapeno poppers, cole slaw, etc.....YUMMY!

Settled down last night to watch "Underworld:Evolution" with a double Woodford Reserve in my hand.

Life is DEFINITELY good! [Big Grin]

Sounds good except the Woodford Reserve, any good Kentuckian would be drinkin Makers Mark.. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

just kiddin Woodford is a fine Bourbon now that its Woodford and not that Old Forrestor that they were puttin and calling it Woodford Reserve [Big Grin]

Regards,
Booker

Jungle Work
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jungle Work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Retirement is highly underrated.

Today I'll refinished the grips on a little S&W Model 12 I bought over the weekend. Went to the range yesterday and shot it and a 9mm Colt AR.
I'm fixin' to go get in the Hot Tub as it's about 70 degrees outside right now.

After that, I think I'll go up to my local gun and knife shop and shoot the breeze for a while.
This afternoon, I do my workout routine and then have a beer and the Hot Tub again. Might cook out a steak on the tank.

Retirement is a tough life, especially when you're 57.

Jungle Work

--------------------
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Graduate: University of South Vietnam School of Jungle Warfare

Posts: 6016 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hawk45
The 'FUCK YOU" kind of Moderator
Member # 3329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jungle Work:
Retirement is highly underrated.

Today I'll refinished the grips on a little S&W Model 12 I bought over the weekend. Went to the range yesterday and shot it and a 9mm Colt AR.
I'm fixin' to go get in the Hot Tub as it's about 70 degrees outside right now.

After that, I think I'll go up to my local gun and knife shop and shoot the breeze for a while.
This afternoon, I do my workout routine and then have a beer and the Hot Tub again. Might cook out a steak on the tank.

Retirement is a tough life, especially when you're 57.

Jungle Work

Kinda nice to have it set-up so's all ya have to do is check the financial statements as they roll in.....and wonder how to spend the money! LOL!!

--------------------
FUCK OBAMA AND ALL LIBERAL ASSWIPES.

Posts: 2524 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
PGB
Member # 3321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fastmover:
So what is new in your life???

Well business has picked up dramatically, I've got more bullet orders than I can deal with, mainly from repeat customers I met at gun shows, and I ordered a mould set for .41 magnum this morning. People have been asking for those bullets for a long time now, and I have orders for 8,000 of them right now.

Amy

--------------------
-------------------------------
This is my keyboard.
There are many like it, but this
one is mine...
--------------------------------

Posts: 132 | From: Ranger TX | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
catinhat
Member # 3351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catinhat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ June 23, 2006, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: catinhat ]

kaijafon
Member # 3354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaijafon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great, Cat! Have you given her an icecream cone yet? OMG! I gave my son one when he was teething and it went to the mouth and stayed there until it melted! I have pictures! LOL! Warning though, he was really upset when it was gone!

I made my first pot of Jambalaya last night, boy it was yummy! Thanks to a friend over at BWH for the recipe!

We are eating cherry tomatoes out of the garden, and the big ones are coming along nicely. Which reminds me, I need to go and water before work.

See ya!
take care
kellie

--------------------
safeguard your heart

Posts: 79 | From: NE AR | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sierra
Member # 3361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sierra         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hawk, Good to see you got that parcel of land that you talked about, a real sound investment. I'm glad that we always invested in farmland, it's at a premium here. Son rents all our 600 acres, plus other land too.

Catinhat, I always found if I held a popsicle for my kids when they were teething, that worked out great and they loved it, it sure cools down those gums and gives them alot of relief.

Posts: 86 | From: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
KPDPipes
Member # 3307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KPDPipes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Munchkin LOVED Beef Jerky Cat.. we'd give her s strip whils she was teething, and she'd gum it for hours...of course i got slapped when i pointed out to my bride how the dog did the same thing with a rawhide chew....
Posts: 155 | From: Northern NJ | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Herb
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tomorrow is my last day being an electrician. It is the only occupation I have had since I graduated high school back in '94.
Monday I will start a job taking care of fire alarms, cctv, and audio/radio systems.
Similar to electrical work I guess, but after 12 years of three phase commercial/industrial work and high voltage (5kV, 15kV), under 30 volt work will be totally different.

Hey Cat, me and the wifey would give unopened Icee pops for the kids to chomp on when they were teething. The cold pops would ease the pain of their little gums.

IP: Logged
Booker
Member # 3326

Just got back from the big city of Bowling Green, me and my lovely wife had dinner at a fine establishment. Mariah's serves up the best Bourbon filet I have ever had. Life is good, did some shopping. Visited with family and came back here. Wife is asleep and I will also be sawing logs in a bit.

Regards,
Booker

PGB
Member # 3321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catinhat:
PGB, my dad used to do the gun show circuit in the midwest - he sold laser sights (and crappy stuffed animals for targets - he's such a weirdo). Later, he got into the cowboy shoot stuff, and sold leather ponchos and holsters and such. He said it used to be great, but now, everybody is putting on shows all the time, they aren't unique anymore, and so business is no good. I wonder if you're seeing that wherever you are too...or if it was just in his area.

Hey Cat,

Well there are still a good many serious shooters and handloaders at the shows, and seling to them has really boosted my business. Of course there are also the people selling totally non-gun related things, and at the Abilene show there was this prissy assed bitch next to me selling baked goods who didn't like my dog being there, and in fact didn't like dogs at all.

She went and complained to the promotors and they came over and admonished me to keep my dog behind my table and all sorts of other shit. My dog had done nothing but snooze behind my table, until people came over and wanted to pet him. A LOT of people wanted to pet him, and apparently the bitch didn't like my table getting all that attention.

Fuck her!

Amy

There's one in every crowd I suppose

--------------------
-------------------------------
This is my keyboard.
There are many like it, but this
one is mine...
--------------------------------

Posts: 132 | From: Ranger TX | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jungle Work
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jungle Work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amy,
Is the bullet business better in Texas than Kalifornicastan?

Lots of reloaders in Texas.

Jungle Work

--------------------
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Graduate: University of South Vietnam School of Jungle Warfare

Posts: 6016 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
fastmover
Member # 3347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastmover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Herb:
Tomorrow is my last day being an electrician. It is the only occupation I have had since I graduated high school back in '94.
Monday I will start a job taking care of fire alarms, cctv, and audio/radio systems.
Similar to electrical work I guess, but after 12 years of three phase commercial/industrial work and high voltage (5kV, 15kV), under 30 volt work will be totally different.

Hey Cat, me and the wifey would give unopened Icee pops for the kids to chomp on when they were teething. The cold pops would ease the pain of their little gums.

Let us know man how it is going...
Posts: 201 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Herb
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Booker:
Just got back from the big city of Bowling Green, me and my lovely wife had dinner at a fine establishment. Mariah's serves up the best Bourbon filet I have ever had. Life is good, did some shopping. Visited with family and came back here. Wife is asleep and I will also be sawing logs in a bit.

Regards,
Booker

I like Mariahs as well. Their new restaurant, the Buckhead Cafe, is pretty good as well. Bowling Green has a good selection of restaurants.
KPDPipes
Member # 3307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KPDPipes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PGB:
quote:
Originally posted by catinhat:
PGB, my dad used to do the gun show circuit in the midwest - he sold laser sights (and crappy stuffed animals for targets - he's such a weirdo). Later, he got into the cowboy shoot stuff, and sold leather ponchos and holsters and such. He said it used to be great, but now, everybody is putting on shows all the time, they aren't unique anymore, and so business is no good. I wonder if you're seeing that wherever you are too...or if it was just in his area.

Hey Cat,

Well there are still a good many serious shooters and handloaders at the shows, and seling to them has really boosted my business. Of course there are also the people selling totally non-gun related things, and at the Abilene show there was this prissy assed bitch next to me selling baked goods who didn't like my dog being there, and in fact didn't like dogs at all.

She went and complained to the promotors and they came over and admonished me to keep my dog behind my table and all sorts of other shit. My dog had done nothing but snooze behind my table, until people came over and wanted to pet him. A LOT of people wanted to pet him, and apparently the bitch didn't like my table getting all that attention.

Fuck her!

Amy

There's one in every crowd I suppose

They're at EVERY type of Show Amy.. My wife makes Candles as well as B&B products, at one of her shows last year, she had a candle burning on her table so prospectice customers could smell how nicely they are scented. There was another candlemaker 2 rows over that claimed that it was HER candle that the customers were smelling (She had conveneiently "JUST" put it out, and out it away, and ran out of that particular scent)...when they got around to my Wife's table they realized that it was HER candle..but it was too late. There;'s always people looking to cut off your bal...umm legs [Big Grin]

[ June 18, 2006, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: KPDPipes ]

Posts: 155 | From: Northern NJ | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Booker
Member # 3326

quote:
Originally posted by Herb:
quote:
Originally posted by Booker:

Regards,
Booker

I like Mariahs as well. Their new restaurant, the Buckhead Cafe, is pretty good as well. Bowling Green has a good selection of restaurants.
Herb,

I have not been to the Buckhead Cafe, I have heard good things about it though. I can remember ohh..back in 81/82 there was not much of a selection of dining in the BG. If ya call "Po Folks" good dining. It was there on Scottsville Road, on the same side that Shoneys is on. BG sure has grown up since then.

Regards,
Booker

Herb
unregistered

Yeah it sure has. I have been working in BG for abouit 4 1/2 years and it has grown alot in that time.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.