Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARD » feeding my dog rib-eye

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: feeding my dog rib-eye
Amy
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Buddy started treatment for heartworm heís been tired and sick. His energy has been quite low, and I donít push him on our walks. Last night I had cooked a beef roast, and after having eaten half it it, I saw Buddy looking at me from out in the building, and I thought, yes, Iím going to give him the rest of it. He knew this.

This morning he had noticeably better energy, and was able to get into the truck today, whereas yesterday he was too weak. So, today, I went down to Ranger Meat Company, and paid over $75 for a beef rib eye loin. I filled his bowl with rib eye, and called him over. He cleaned that bowl out in a flash.

There were two of his antibiotic tablets in it, which Iím sure he didnít notice, even though he wouldnít eat the meatball I gave him last night with them in it.

What can I say? Heís MY DOG!

Heís my best and closest friend. Heís my DOG. I owe him the best life I can give him. How can I eat steak and deny him the same? My best friend deserves the best.

I share my pizza with him, and my beef and chicken as well. I love my big sweet beautiful DOG! And why not? He loves me, shows me his affection and loyalty, unconditionally. Something Iíve never in my life seen from a human.

Buddy and I are very largely alone out here in the Texas boonies, and I have to say, heís the only decent roomate Iíve EVER had. He can be demanding, he can even be obnoxious at times, but on the whole I love that guy as much as I have ever loved anyone.

More, in fact, than Iíve been able to love another human in my life.

Now Buddy is back under the trailer snoozing, with a tummy full of the very best I could do for him. Solid nourishment for a carnivore. If heís still not touching his dog food tomorrow Iíll give him more rib eye. He needs his rest right now, and good nourishment.

a.

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ ________________ _ _ _ _ _

This is my keyboard.
There are many like it but this one is mine...
_ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _

Posts: 1187 | From: Ranger Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Friend
Member # 3311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for ya Amy. A good dog is like a child. Hope you can get Buddy back on his feet.
Posts: 325 | From: Where you least expect | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
gripper
Member # 3309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gripper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I like you just for this post alone.....what can I say;my dogs have always been family;too.
I've gone back and forth between APBTs and Dobermans my whole life.Last couple of couch pilots /running partneners came from Doberman Rescue league.When my little girl(93 pounds) is feeling sick,so do I.

Posts: 39 | From: nashua nh | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
DocZeus
Uncommon Drunk
Member # 3337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DocZeus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you! They ARE a part of the family!

How's he doing now? The treatment working out? Best wishes!

DocZeus

--------------------
"Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentation of the women!"

Posts: 2674 | From: Central KY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
fastmover
Member # 3347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastmover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome and he should be happy to have you...

I just took my golden in today and for a heartworm check and get him on heartguard.

Posts: 201 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hawk45
The 'FUCK YOU" kind of Moderator
Member # 3329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's always nice to hear that folks really care for their pets. My ridgeback is coming up on 9 years old. I spoil the crap outta her but I know she would lay down her life for me if needed. Never met a man I trusted as much as I trust that pooch of mine. [Big Grin]

--------------------
FUCK OBAMA AND ALL LIBERAL ASSWIPES.

Posts: 2524 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sierra
Member # 3361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sierra         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's how I take care of my dogs, I've always had golden retrievers and they give so much in return, big old love muffins. I like dogs better than most humans, they are my constant companions, and remember folks the shelters are full of wonderful companions, think adoption.
I sure hope your dog comes out of this okay, they sure are worth all the treatments it takes to care for them in their time of need, they would do the same for you.

Posts: 86 | From: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pennville bill
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennville bill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our pregnant Newf bitch is about 2 weeks away from whelping. She's gone off her usual feed, so we've been feeding her liver and homemade chicken stock.

--------------------
Regards,
Bill
_ _______________________________ _
I could eat a can of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that.

Posts: 5508 | From: East central Indiana | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bad Company
Member # 3360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bad Company     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to cook him up some liver. It is high in iron and my dogs love it.
Hawk45
The 'FUCK YOU" kind of Moderator
Member # 3329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Company:
You might want to cook him up some liver. It is high in iron and my dogs love it.

Leave out the onions on that liver.....BTDT...and them onions gave my pooch the farts bad enuff to set curtains on fire..... [Eek!] [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
FUCK OBAMA AND ALL LIBERAL ASSWIPES.

Posts: 2524 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
KPDPipes
Member # 3307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KPDPipes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pennville bill:
Our pregnant Newf bitch is about 2 weeks away from whelping. She's gone off her usual feed, so we've been feeding her liver and homemade chicken stock.

Newfie??? <PERK> An ex of mine had a Newfie..GODDAMN I miss her...(the dog that is)
Posts: 155 | From: Northern NJ | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pennville bill
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennville bill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KPDPipes:
quote:

Newfie??? <PERK> An ex of mine had a Newfie..GODDAMN I miss her...(the dog that is)
 -

Talk to me in about 8 weeks and I'll make you a real deal. (Yeah I know, shameless example of spaming.) [Big Grin]

--------------------
Regards,
Bill

Sierra
Member # 3361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sierra         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a gorgeous dog, isn't a Newfoundland like a black St. Bernard? I know they have alot of the same characteristics. My sister has had 3 St. Bernards and they are really a nice dog, will eat you out of house and home. But, then so will golden retrievers.
Posts: 86 | From: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
KPDPipes
Member # 3307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KPDPipes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by KPDPipes:
quote:

-

Talk to me in about 8 weeks and I'll make you a real deal. (Yeah I know, shameless example of spaming.) [Big Grin]

You tempt me Bill, but in all honesty i cant..if we werent still renting i'd jump on that in a heartbeat. for now i have to stick with the Feline Home Defense Corps (Tripping Division).
Posts: 155 | From: Northern NJ | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pennville bill
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 1090

Well it seems I mis-spoke anyway..... Wife came home from the vet yesterday and said the womb was now empty. Apparently the mother dog did something to knock the pups loose and they were re-absorbed back into her system. Thank God! We didn't lose the mother dog. We're saddened by this turn of affairs; we were really looking forward to our first litter. Maybe next year..... [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
Regards,
Bill

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.