Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » FREE SPEECH BOARD » Chick cars?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chick cars?
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was having lunch with my computer whiz brother today. He is also very knowledgeable about the automobile business as this has been his main occupation for about thirty years. He has sold me at least four cars that I can remember.

Anyway, while at lunch, he told me that he needed to buy at least six vehicles for the used car lot he manages. And at least two of them would be "chick" cars. Now I know what a chick car is, but I had to ask him how many women actually drove one. After all, I've seen broads driving one ton Ford 350 diesel pickups around for years. And diesel dykes driving Peterbilts. Now there is an oxymoron for ya...

So my brother tells me that he sells chick cars to about 2/3rd's of the women who buy from him. Even some men drive them as well and probably don't even know what a chick car in the first fuckin' place.

So does yer better half (providing ya have one) drive a chick car? Do you? I ain't asking Peter Eater who just has to driving a yellow VW Beetle with flame decals on the front fenders and a "Kiss Me, I'm Gay" bumper sticker.

I'll answer first. No. I don't think my 2007 Mustang GT ragtop is a chick car although I have seen women driving 'em.

Respond to this thread or be classified as a chick car driving pussy for the rest of yer life.

And so it goes. Mine will do 0-60 in 5.1 seconds.

The Stirring Up Trouble Retired One

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
OZZY
Member # 2611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OZZY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Chick Car for me. Gas guzzling 4x4 with a couple of extra spotlights on the front of my dirty great big BULL BAR. Nothin' girly about it.
ozzy

--------------------
"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty." --Thomas Jefferson.

Posts: 2027 | From: Mid Nth Coast, NSW, Australia. (paradise) | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bare
Member # 2918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drive a diesel Chevy puller. My wife drives a Tahoe with buggy wheels and fats.

There, I'm off your list.

--------------------
You become that which you despise.

Posts: 3571 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
RogerTC1
Member # 560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RogerTC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None for me I have 7 autos all in 97% shape and my own storage shop to keep them in.
95 Ford Bronco, V8, auto , beefed up...8 to 12 MPG
91 Mercury Capri Turbo (Australian too)
87 Ford F150 4WD stick and straight 6 (construction truck theme)
84 Dodge Ram,rebuilt 318 w/ racing cams..a moderate street rod
79 Mercury Cougar 69,000 miles, show car..won a trophy
79 Ford F100, V-8 that I am making into a farm truck theme...just got the wood rack to make for the bed and some feed signs.
Now this one may be a little on the fem side..but unique and weird looking.
1996 Suzukie X-90 4WD
Chick cars:
Wife has a Geo Metro and a Nissan SX200

--------------------
"I'm too proud to beg and too lazy to work" Uncle Fester Adams

Posts: 2486 | From: Iowa | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pennville bill
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennville bill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2006 Ford ton and a half 4x4....

Wife drives a Ford Windstar minivan ... more soccer mom than chic car I think...........

--------------------
Regards,
Bill
_ _______________________________ _
I could eat a can of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that.

Posts: 5508 | From: East central Indiana | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
DocZeus
Uncommon Drunk
Member # 3337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DocZeus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drive a 1997 Chevy 4-Wheel Drive Silverado "Heavy-Half" ton pickup, or a 1999 Jeep Cherokee with the "Straight-6" 4.0 Liter High-Output engine (Wife's old vehicle).

Wife drives a 2008 Saturn VUE XE-V6 All-Wheel Drive grocery-getter. Has ALL the bells and whistles.

2008 Saturn VUE XE-V6

Just couldn't bring myself to buy a gook car. We looked at most of 'em, even rented and tried out a couple, she still liked the Saturn over all the others available. It has OnStar, the Satellite Nav, XM Radio (I LIKE that shit! 1950's through 1970's on demand!), and a LOT of safety features not found on many other vehicles. The friggin' car has it's OWN CELL PHONE NUMBER. Just call it, and voice recognition will pick up, and she can drive and talk.

Her sister has a 2006 model, so there was a good family review there, also.

I'm still looking for the "Blowjob" button on that vehicle. It has everything else.

DocZeus

--------------------
"Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentation of the women!"

Posts: 2674 | From: Central KY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc,

AFAIC, that Saturn is a 50/50 type of vehicle. Half SUV/half chick car. What does this mean?

It means I wouldn't be caught DEAD driving or even riding in it. I mean come on. The fucking thing doesn't even look like an automobile anymore. Fucking crossovers. The designers of these godawful looking POS should be taken out and shot at dawn. And whoever designed and whoever gave the green light to that absolutely ugly POS called the Pontiac Aztec should have their balls chomped off before being hung, drawn, and quartered by a medieval execution squad. Sorry if this pissed ya off, but that is just how I feel about POS vehicles like that.

And so it goes.

The Retired One

DocZeus
Uncommon Drunk
Member # 3337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DocZeus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Retired Bum:
Sorry if this pissed ya off, but that is just how I feel about POS vehicles like that.

And so it goes.

The Retired One

No offense taken.

It does look completely different, but I've got to say, after driving it myself on the occasional weekend outing, I do like the way it rides and handles. Hell of a lot more plush than the Jeep or Truck. But then again, like ya said, it was designed to be a half-chick/half-SUV vehicle.

The Better Half likes it, so that's all that matters. Occasionally, she chauffers me from bar to bar on the weekends, so there's no DUI's in my future. I would like it for that reason, alone. [Big Grin]

DocZeus

The Sometimes-Chick-Car/SUV/DUI-avoiding Riding One [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentation of the women!"

dilligaf
Member # 2348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dilligaf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2002 Chevy S10 about as plain white vanilla as you can get.
Posts: 96 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jungle Work
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jungle Work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drive a 1975 Jeep CJ-7, a 1995 Z-71 Pick up and a 2004 Z-71 Surbuban. My wife drives a 2005 Denali.

Jungle Work

--------------------
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Graduate: University of South Vietnam School of Jungle Warfare

Posts: 6016 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
DocZeus
Uncommon Drunk
Member # 3337

quote:
Originally posted by Jungle Work:
My wife drives a 2005 Denali.

Jungle Work

That's gonna be my next ride.

DocZeus

--------------------

Grizz
Resident Antagonist!
Member # 270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grizz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought Mazda Miata's and PT Cruiser's were bitchmobiles, but I understand sometimes they trade them in on Mustang GT's... Oh wait, Didn't someone here do that exact thing??? [Wink]

--------------------
"I want to find your inner child and kick it's little ass!"

Posts: 7087 | From: just slightly off center! | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
OZZY
Member # 2611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OZZY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grizz:
I always thought Mazda Miata's and PT Cruiser's were bitchmobiles, but I understand sometimes they trade them in on Mustang GT's... Oh wait, Didn't someone here do that exact thing??? [Wink]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] I like it!!

--------------------
"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty." --Thomas Jefferson.

Posts: 2027 | From: Mid Nth Coast, NSW, Australia. (paradise) | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Well, well,

Our resident asshole, er, excuse me, our resident anatagonist has decided to chime in with his usual pile of shit remarks.

Yeah, I owned a Mazda Miata. In fact I've had two of them. How many you had? And yeah, I had a Turbo GT P/T Cruiser as well. Nice cars BTW.

Chick cars? To be fair, yeah, some people would call 'em that and I would be one of them.

Now when it comes to "bitchmobiles", Grizz is the authority for HCT. All he does is bitch because he wife won't let him buy that Hummer he so desperately craves. Driving something like it will make him look like a grownup and not the little whining sniveling pussy that he really is.

And so it goes and if ya whine and snivel enough, maybe yer better half will let ya buy the Hummer. But the title will be in her name.

The See What Happens When Ya Fuck With Me Retired One

Grizz
Resident Antagonist!
Member # 270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grizz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again... Wrong! Don't have a wife, Don't want a Hummer, But my Sister Drives an H3, guess that makes them "Chick Cars" Too!

As for being an Asshole... Yes I am! Damned proud of it too!

As for the term "Bitchmobile" my best friend used to refer to his 1st wife's Chevy Chevette as such back in the late 70's

Bum, you know I had to give you a shot on this! and you reacted EXACTLY like I thought you would... Thanks for not letting Me down! [Wink]

--------------------
"I want to find your inner child and kick it's little ass!"

Posts: 7087 | From: just slightly off center! | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
KPDPipes
Member # 3307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KPDPipes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess i drive a "Chick" car..1994 Subaru Impreza.. otherwise i'd be spending $100 a week on gas to commute.
Posts: 155 | From: Northern NJ | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hawk45
The 'FUCK YOU" kind of Moderator
Member # 3329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2005 Silverado Crew Cab w/Duramax Diesel 4x4 here....and the wife drives a Chebby Tahoe 4x4. [Big Grin]

--------------------
FUCK OBAMA AND ALL LIBERAL ASSWIPES.

Posts: 2524 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.