Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » FREE SPEECH BOARD » I was almost denied a firearm purchase.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I was almost denied a firearm purchase.
JJ
Administrator
Member # 1163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The system here in Pa for background checks is called PICS.
They also use NICS to do their checks.
A simple assault charge from 34 years ago
(which was expunged) showed up on my record and sent my purchase status into "research"

These morons wanted to know is the simple assault charge was a domestic violence complaint.
I said look at the charge?
I said was not dating the cop who shoved me and I shoved him back and he fell to the ground.

Then I said you were not supposed to even see that since it was expunged?
They said too ,late , we did see it and now you need to prove it was DV.
I said BS, you need to prove it was.

In desperation I called the Neptune NJ court where this happened and believe it or not she found my original arrest card, 34 years old.

She faxed it to PICS and they cleared me Friday the 13th.

Here's the topic I posted at AR15.com Pa forum.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=14&t=263589

--------------------
The greatest feat the Devil ever achieved was convince the world he didn't exist.

Neca eos omnes Deus suos agnoscet
Translation:
"Kill them all.
God will know His own."

Posts: 10413 | From: Pa. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jungle Work
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jungle Work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guilty till proven Innocent.

Jungle Work

--------------------
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Graduate: University of South Vietnam School of Jungle Warfare

Posts: 6016 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hawk45
The 'FUCK YOU" kind of Moderator
Member # 3329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JJ if you had nappy hair,lips that dragged on the ground, and a criminal record, they would have cleared you in a matter of minutes. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
FUCK OBAMA AND ALL LIBERAL ASSWIPES.

Posts: 2524 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
1927A1
Pheasant Entrepreneur Owner/Operator
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1927A1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hawk45:
JJ if you had nappy hair,lips that dragged on the ground, and a criminal record, they would have cleared you in a matter of minutes. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Hawk45,

Whatcha takin bout Willis? 30 seconds or less.

1927A1

JJ,
Sorry to hear about your mishap.....

1927A1

--------------------
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
---Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 2604 | From: God's Country, WV | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grizz
Resident Antagonist!
Member # 270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grizz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JJ, glad it worked out! BTW... What did you buy me?????!!!!!

--------------------
"I want to find your inner child and kick it's little ass!"

Posts: 7087 | From: just slightly off center! | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
TODD 3465
Member # 3182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TODD 3465     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez.......Is this where the term Nic-Pic'ing came from?

What a freaking hassle.

--------------------
In 1967, Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take a human life. He replied- "I wouldn't know I've only killed communists."

Posts: 2565 | From: Washington Co., Arkansas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
HDU
Member # 1807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HDU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah... a new pressie for you fav mate from down under..... whaddya buy me mate?

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of war......."
Plato

Posts: 1783 | From: Terra Australis, Under the Southern Cross | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
DocZeus
Uncommon Drunk
Member # 3337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DocZeus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear of your problems, JJ. Glad to hear it all got resolved.

I remember in the late 90's, when Kentucky got their CCDW Law, I was an instructor, and one of the guys I gave the required 8 hour class and range qualification to called me up a month later, and asked me for some help.

Seems he had been arrested in 1969, when his old lady and he were first married, when the local PD showed up at his doorstep, after momma pasted his ass with a frying pan for being out drinking late with his running partners. The neighbors called in the ensuing ruckus, and even though he was released the next morning, WITH NO FORMAL CHARGES, after Clinton signed that Domestic Violence horsehit into law in the early 90's, because he had BEEN ARRESTED for DV, NOT CHARGED OR CONVICTED, he had to go and get THE ARREST RECORD expunged by a judge.

What a crock of shit. Took him 4 months to finally get his CCDW license. This was 28 years after the fact. Never so much as a speeding ticket in all those years.

Guilty until proven innocent, indeed. [Mad]

DocZeus

--------------------
"Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentation of the women!"

Posts: 2674 | From: Central KY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very true.

I remember a corrections officer at the pen whose ex-wife accused him of molesting their young daughter on a visit.

He was suspended from duty with pay for six months while the accusation was investigated by the local police. Turned out that the ex-wife made up the charge because she figured that if ex-hubby went to prison, she would somehow manage to get all of his property.

When he came back to work, a few jerkoff staff members joked about how he beat the rap. One of them kept it up and paid for it with a busted nose. He punched out the jerkoff in the main corridor when it was full of convicts going to the evening meal. The warden decided that nothing needed to be done about it. The jerkoff had it coming.

And so it goes.

The Retired One

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
KPDPipes
Member # 3307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KPDPipes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have to sign statements twice a year now JJ, Affirming that we dont have any DV convictions, or Child Support nonpayment..EVERY time we Qualify, since the Lautenberg Bill went into effect..One would think that once we made the affirmation the FIRST time, since ANY DV arrest goes into the system here (Print and Photos with copies to NJSP SBI) it wouldnt be all THAT hard to find out?? That's NJ for you. I'd hazard a guess that when they did the expungement they forgot to clear the county database, and it slipped through the cracks there..we Still have that problem in Hudson... we had one complete expungement that took the County SO almost 2 years to clear.
Posts: 155 | From: Northern NJ | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
jchiar
Member # 3283

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jchiar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bought a NJ non resident fishing license had to sign a fucking paper that I don't owe child support good thing I moved that state is getting more fucked up every day

--------------------
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both"
~ Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 718 | From: essex ny | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.