Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » FREE SPEECH BOARD » The mail man delivered....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The mail man delivered....
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Federal Tax Refund Check today.

I can remember when I got a tax refund check I would head to one of several gundealers in the area and start looking for a gun(s) or some accessory such as a telescopic sight or ammo/reloading componets.

One year I walked into a shop which specialized in reloading componets and laid down a check for almost seven hundred dollars. Told the owner that I would spend every penney of it in his shop provided that he gave me a decent discount on what I purchased. He lopped off twenty percent and I ended up loading the trunk of my PT Kruiser with enough powders, primers, cast and jacketed bullets, and brass to keep me shooting for a few years.

But, alas. that dealer went out of business. Five years ago there were about eight FFL store fronts in this area. Now we are down to two. That really sucks the big one....

No guns for me this time. I've sold five S&W K frame revolvers this month and hope to sell about five more assorted handguns as well. Thinning the herd has to be done from time to time.

So my tax refund dollars are going into my checking account. Got house insurance, property taxes, and auto insurance all coming up in the next couple of months.

And so it goes and so will my refund check.

The Retired One

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
intruder
Member # 859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for intruder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"So my tax refund dollars are going into my checking account. Got house insurance, property taxes, and auto insurance all coming up in the next couple of months."

Join the crowd, RB.

The school tax is growing here by leaps and bounds.

The Northeast corner of PA is getting infested with NY liberal parasites that are trying to escape from oneself. They come here and promptly bring with them their wasteful liberal spending ways that had made their old place in NY such an expensive, goddamn curse to live in. They tend to be viciously anti-gun, too.

I would round up that Marxist vermin and send them back to where they came from.

Where is the 19th century, when . . . Oh well, never mind.

I guess I'm not a "team player" [Mad]

Posts: 1001 | From: Pa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
intruder sez "I guess I'm not a team player".

Same here.

Out of all the taxes I pay every year, the one that pisses me off the most is the property tax. Fifty percent of my property tax goes to the local school corporation. I really don't know what happens to the other half. Probably gets whacked up the governor and his pals.

I think that single taxpayers should not have to support the school corporation. If you have school age children, then you should pay this portion of the tax. Why should a single taxpayer have to pay to educate other people's rugrats? Not fair or right in my book. But then I know that fair and right don't exist to politicans and tax collectors when they are after your hard earned dollars.

Being a single man for all of my life, I get stuck with paying the maximum federal and state income tax percentage. No dependents and no breaks at all. And then my asshole of a neighbor with his five kids pays no withholding tax and still gets a refund. What a fuckin' load of shit.....

And so it goes.

The Taxed One

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Friend
Member # 3311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mailed my tax form on Feb 1st and will get a nice refund ... if the check ever comes. It will go to fatten up my CD.
Posts: 325 | From: Where you least expect | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
KPDPipes
Member # 3307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KPDPipes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by intruder:
"So my tax refund dollars are going into my checking account. Got house insurance, property taxes, and auto insurance all coming up in the next couple of months."

Join the crowd, RB.

The school tax is growing here by leaps and bounds.

The Northeast corner of PA is getting infested with NY liberal parasites that are trying to escape from oneself. They come here and promptly bring with them their wasteful liberal spending ways that had made their old place in NY such an expensive, goddamn curse to live in. They tend to be viciously anti-gun, too.

I would round up that Marxist vermin and send them back to where they came from.

Where is the 19th century, when . . . Oh well, never mind.

I guess I'm not a "team player" [Mad]

Well you can add a non-marxist retired NJ LEO to the mix in 5 more years Intruder.. i'm planning on dropping my anchor in Pa, just to I can spend my retirement money within sight of NJ, but not give a DAMN PENNY to this craphole of a state again.
Posts: 155 | From: Northern NJ | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
intruder
Member # 859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for intruder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you, KPD [Smile]
Posts: 1001 | From: Pa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.