Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » FREE SPEECH BOARD » Vive l' France

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vive l' France
James Southerland
Member # 1961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Southerland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The gallant French army demos it's latest anti-tank missile.

Heat seeking, thermal imaging, wire guided, GPS assisted, Advanced plasma jet shaped charge and gallant missiliers.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9731d_4407&p=1

--------------------
"When a nation makes too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors it winds up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Posts: 3080 | From: Exit 196 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
American_Infidel
Member # 3448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for American_Infidel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet they shit their pants good on that test.

--------------------
Infidel-Disbeliever in something specified or understood.

Posts: 28 | From: KY/TN | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jungle Work
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jungle Work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in Training Group early 1968 when they took us to Fort Bliss for Advanced Weapons Demonstrations.
One of the Weapons was an Anti Aircraft Missle mounted on a 113. They Bused us out to the range where we sat for hours waiting for the drone. Finally it was announced that the Drone was on the way.
As it flew over the Sidewinders mounted on each side of the coupla on the 113 fired. One missed the drone and blew up. The other went down range, did a couple of loop de loops and came straight back at us. Cleared the grandstands we were sitting in, everybody ran like hell. The sidewinder went over our heads at about a hundred feet up, went back range about a mile and blew up. I've not been too impressed with new surface to air rockets since then. But the Russian Strellas seem to work well on the American Helicopters in Iraq and the US Stingers worked well on the Russian Helicopters in Afganistan.

Jungle Work

--------------------
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Graduate: University of South Vietnam School of Jungle Warfare

Posts: 6016 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
James Southerland
Member # 1961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Southerland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some things never change. I used to be in the Weapons company, 1st battle group, 504ABN in Germany. Our anti-tank platoon was armed with French made ENTAC-1 wire guided anti tank missiles.

I was on a safety detail at Graf when the platoon was firing. I swear no more than 5% of rounds fired went anywhere near the target AND exploded. The Russians must have laughed their asses off when they assessed our anti-tank defensive capabilities.

Forty years later, frog anti-tank missiles are still duds.

Gallant bastards sure un-assed the pit in a hurry when the thing mis-fired.

--------------------
"When a nation makes too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors it winds up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Posts: 3080 | From: Exit 196 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
TODD 3465
Member # 3182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TODD 3465     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it have a miniture white flag that pops out?

--------------------
In 1967, Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take a human life. He replied- "I wouldn't know I've only killed communists."

Posts: 2565 | From: Washington Co., Arkansas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
KPDPipes
Member # 3307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KPDPipes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not for nothing... Frog jokes aside..isnt that pretty much the CORRECT thing to do in that case?? I've seen similar drills for misfires on a number of different weapons systems, including Tanks. Saw a film once of a Sov t-80 crew doing an administrative firing. First round went great, as did the second. The third, well the gunner pulled the trigger and all you heard was a loud "CLICK" those guys came out of that track like they had ejection seats..waited 5 minutes, then the 2 junior guys went in, and unloaded the Main Gun. Considering the amount of HE in an AT round, i dont know as i'd be unassing any slower than the froggie missilemen.
Posts: 155 | From: Northern NJ | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.