Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » FREE SPEECH BOARD » OK , so a third party...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OK , so a third party...
SatCong
Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SatCong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...is probably not going to fly in my lifetime. Then, how to re-reconstitute the GOP along a more constitutional bearing? We vote-em out and others, vetted by whom(?), get elected in.
How to identify those with "right stuff?"
Americans, we better start working on this soon, cause the battleship is shippin' water.
SatCong

Posts: 724 | From: Twangtown | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bare
Member # 2918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know SatCong. I just got my eyes opened the other day on another thread. Congress does not have the power to abdicate its power. Fact is, no branch of government has the power to do so, yet they do.

The right stuff? Some Demos think Obama and Hillary have the right stuff, in a leftist sort of way. If they can sell that to the American public like they sold bs in the last election, I would say that the focus would have to be on the education of the American public. I mean if they're willing to buy that crap then I guess they get the government they deserve.

Look at Iraq. We sit here and think Saddam was an evil beast when it appears he was a step up from where these people are today and they hung him. I think of the guy I saw on the news the other day who said, "We are worse off today then we were under Saddam's rule." I hate to think he might be right. Maybe they deserved Saddam.

--------------------
You become that which you despise.

Posts: 3571 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
SatCong
Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SatCong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bare,
Well, they sure as hell do not deserve what we are trying to offer. As for education, that's also gonna be a tough one. Do you know anyone who graduated fron HS after, say, 1978 that knows any history, at all?
SatCong

Bare
Member # 2918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much the same as I knew when I graduated HS. Most of my learning came after that. My daughter is learning a lot of history in her field, criminal justice. Learning started for me when I started reading the works of our Founding Fathers. All we did in HS was memorize dates and I can rattle off thousands of them; 1816, 1913, 1776, 1604, etc.

But the fact remains, the public will pay $5000 for a vacuum cleaner if they're stupid/ignorant. A friend sent me an interesting e-mail this morning. It questions exactly what are the demos going to change. Many of the things I find comforting in life are now on the block.

Our own Governor is proposing a business tax to cover the cost of medical care of the uninsured including illegals. He and his old friends, the demos are assuring us it'll pass quickly. It will impose a 4% tax on business plus a few other things to pay for it all.

Here's the websight if you're interested,

http://www.kcra.com/politics/10697481/detail.html

Anyone who knows anything about business knows that'll break many small businesses. California demos have made me a small forune with their stupidity. I should rejoice at the money I'm about to make but at who's expense?

And these stupid people are buying it...

--------------------

Hawk45
The 'FUCK YOU" kind of Moderator
Member # 3329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our 2 Party system has put this Country right into the damn toilet. There is a storm on the horizon folks....keep yer guns and ammo at the ready.

--------------------
FUCK OBAMA AND ALL LIBERAL ASSWIPES.

Posts: 2524 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sierra
Member # 3361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sierra         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been reading "War on the Middle Class" by Lou Dobbs, very good read as to what is happening here. Between the politicians and the lobbyists the only ones they care about are the elite and stuffing their pockets, they have sold us out, probably the only way we have left is a revolution.
Posts: 86 | From: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bare
Member # 2918

quote:
Originally posted by Sierra:
I've been reading "War on the Middle Class" by Lou Dobbs, very good read as to what is happening here. Between the politicians and the lobbyists the only ones they care about are the elite and stuffing their pockets, they have sold us out, probably the only way we have left is a revolution.

Don't worry, a financial collapse will do the same thing. Of course the upheaval that follows is about the same as revolution. I suspect the new business during such times will be the disposal of the bodies one must gun down to defend ones own. Who would want to deal with the aftermath when the vultures are lurking in the distance. [Wink]

--------------------

SatCong
Member # 3187

Bleak, gray, dismal, accurate is our fate, as now anticipated. As correct as Dobbs and others, with a clear vision of the writing on the wall,
may be,it is the old problem of preaching to the choir.
The rest of our countrymen have slipped mightily into a complacent malaise. We have to appeal to them (perhaps as the lesser of any other evil). They may be ignorant and stiff necked bastards, but they are AMERICAN ignorant, stiff necked bastards, and, thusly, our own.
SatCong

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.