Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » FREE SPEECH BOARD » North Korea just tested a NUKE!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: North Korea just tested a NUKE!!!
Pennville bill
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennville bill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hard Ball:
It looks as if the North Koreans may have had a fizzle. US intelligene indicates that the test yielsd was less than 1,000 tona inatead of the 10-2000 tons expected fro a gun eype weapon,
A fizzle is when low order nuclear reaction takes place. A weapon designed improperly or damaged by physical stress may, when triggered appropriately , begin the process of a chain reaction. But as the nuclear events begin to occur to sustain that chain reaction, improper physical positioning introduces inappropriate elements into the cycle. For instance, a moderator used to reflect neutrons back into the core, may itself have been forcefully injected into the core by a physical event (bomb hitting the ground). This kills the reaction before it ever develops into a sustained chain reaction. Misshaped cores, misdirected compression explosions, and many other events cause the reaction to fizzle out, not sustaining itself long enough to get the massive compression and temperature needed to sustain a chain reaction.

The fizzle can be quite dangerous, however, not in terms of mass destruction , but dangerous never-the-less. High energy neutrons escape from the fizzle almost by definition (it is their escape that ceases the chain reaction). Not a big bang, but a very deadly burst of radiation.

-

--------------------
Regards,
Bill
_ _______________________________ _
I could eat a can of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that.

Posts: 5508 | From: East central Indiana | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hard Ball
Member # 301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hard Ball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks PB. I do try to say something sensible now and then.

--------------------
"I swear to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies domestic or foreign WHOMSOEVER."

Posts: 2244 | From: California USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lake
Member # 1187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 902 | From: East Texas | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
KKK
Booted the fuck out a here!
Member # 377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KKK         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It looks as if the North Koreans may have had a fizzle. US intelligene indicates that the test yielsd was less than 1,000 tona inatead of the 10-2000 tons expected fro a gun eype weapon,
A fizzle is when low order nuclear reaction takes place. A weapon designed improperly or damaged by physical stress may, when triggered appropriately , begin the process of a chain reaction. But as the nuclear events begin to occur to sustain that chain reaction, improper physical positioning introduces inappropriate elements into the cycle. For instance, a moderator used to reflect neutrons back into the core, may itself have been forcefully injected into the core by a physical event (bomb hitting the ground). This kills the reaction before it ever develops into a sustained chain reaction. Misshaped cores, misdirected compression explosions, and many other events cause the reaction to fizzle out, not sustaining itself long enough to get the massive compression and temperature needed to sustain a chain reaction.

The fizzle can be quite dangerous, however, not in terms of mass destruction , but dangerous never-the-less. High energy neutrons escape from the fizzle almost by definition (it is their escape that ceases the chain reaction). Not a big bang, but a very deadly burst of radiation.

That's damn near the same line of shit they used when a Missile silo blew up here in Ar. many year ago save for the radiation part. However they went around checking everybody's well water and trying to explain why there was some funky looking stuff on the vegetatation for a few days.
Yessiree, that sounded like a line straight from gov.org.
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2196 | From: Newburg, Ar,Lizard | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
James Southerland
Member # 1961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Southerland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My email to NOKO's leader

TO: Kim Jong mentally Il, Illustious leader for life, Pingponggong, Peoples Republic of NoKo

ON: 14 August 2006

RE: Nuclear test

Just want to say that you kimchee breath dogeating monkees are too dumb to build a bomb or a missle.

If you had a missle, it would not launch or hit anything. If you had a bomb, it would fizzle and merely make a stink like a kimchee fart.

If you had a hair on your striped baboon ass, you would fire a nuclear tipped missle at either San Franciso or Boston. Those elite yuppie liberals think you are a buffoon and a four eyed, bugger eating, bedwettin wannabe pervert.

I double dare you, if you had as much as a single testicle or a missle that worked, show us the might of the monkee republic of NoKo.

email me for 10 digit grid coordinates of frisco or beantown. Might want to think about harlem, too. The africanmonkeys still are pissed that you kimchees have taken over all of their convenience stores.

Your friend

Jimmy

--------------------
"When a nation makes too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors it winds up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Posts: 3080 | From: Exit 196 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hard Ball
Member # 301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hard Ball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is that KKK obvious;y knows nothing about nuclear weapons.

--------------------
"I swear to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies domestic or foreign WHOMSOEVER."

Posts: 2244 | From: California USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pennville bill
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennville bill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
All I can say is that KKK obvious;y knows nothing about nuclear weapons.

KKK obviously knows nothing about anything, period. He won't be missed.

--------------------
Regards,
Bill
_ _______________________________ _
I could eat a can of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that.

Posts: 5508 | From: East central Indiana | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.