Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » FREE SPEECH BOARD » An idea whose time has come....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An idea whose time has come....
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So yesterday I'm at the local BMV filing for the title of my new car and getting it registered.

On the way out I see a bulletin board with a message from the Indiana State Election Board. Starting with the upcoming election this November, all voters will required to produce a photo ID before being allowed to vote. I've been registered to vote in this county since 1974 and have never been required to prove that I am the real Retired Bum when I go in to the polling station to vote.

But now they will require a valid photo ID and I think that this is a great idea. They should have been doing this all along. I don't know if this county has a problem with people sneaking in to vote or not. The Demoncraps have a solid lock on all of the city/county elected positions. And they aren't above rounding up the votes from all of the dead registered Demoncraps either.

And so it goes......

The Retired One

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
KKK
Booted the fuck out a here!
Member # 377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KKK         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It won't matter anyway, less and less people vote in each election. The voting machines here had everybody spooked into staying home during the primaries, I hope the general election is better.
BTW dead people has voted for years in the South, I doubt that they had the corner on that market.
I would probably support voter testing as much as voter registration, a person can hear some of the stupidest stuff on the campaign trail as you'll hear anywhere.

Posts: 2196 | From: Newburg, Ar,Lizard | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
JJ
Administrator
Member # 1163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KKK:
It won't matter anyway, less and less people vote in each election. The voting machines here had everybody spooked into staying home during the primaries, I hope the general election is better.
BTW dead people has voted for years in the South, I doubt that they had the corner on that market.
I would probably support voter testing as much as voter registration, a person can hear some of the stupidest stuff on the campaign trail as you'll hear anywhere.

Voting is a right not a privilege ya fucking simpleton.
You probably want new gun owners tested too huh?

--------------------
The greatest feat the Devil ever achieved was convince the world he didn't exist.

Neca eos omnes Deus suos agnoscet
Translation:
"Kill them all.
God will know His own."

Posts: 10413 | From: Pa. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cannon
Member # 3278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cannon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
TW dead people has voted for years in the South
So - this ''dead people'' - rock band is it?

Or do we mean ''dead people HAVE'' .... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
The beatings will continue, until moral improves.

Posts: 265 | From: Lower 48 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
KKK
Member # 377

quote:
Originally posted by JJ:
quote:

Voting is a right not a privilege ya fucking simpleton.
You probably want new gun owners tested too huh?

Ya act like Alice in Wonder Land, it's obvious that you have lived your life in a bubble.
Not to mention that there has been articles splashed all over the net about the recent surveys showing that people didn't know that there was a war going on, didn't know where the middle east and last but not least, goodly amount of trhem didn't know the President's name.
Are these the people that needs to be registered to vote?
I've been in politics enough to know that people didn't know who the county officials were and what their job was. Born and raised here to boot. Didn't know the difference like most here between the primary and general election.
People have voted in the South that has been DEAD as in graveyard dead for twenty years. Again the South dosen't corner the market on it.
I BELEIVE that the general poplulation of those that reside in any given area are too stupid to vote and why with each passing year less people vote.
[Roll Eyes]

DocZeus
Uncommon Drunk
Member # 3337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DocZeus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KKK:

I'm from The South, and I have voted in EVERY MAJOR ELECTION since I turned 18 (in the military, by absentee ballot), I know who ALL of my County, State, and Federal elected representatives are, and I've made DAMN SURE my kid knows who they are, their voting record, etc. She's gonna have to watch these assholes when I get too old to fuck with 'em. I told her she has to wheel my wheelchair to the Voting Booth as long as I'm breathin'. I don't consider it just a RIGHT, but my SACRED DUTY AS A CITIZEN to be vigilant on who's representing us. I hate to sound like a broken record, so many before have stated this, but a WHOLE LOTTA PEOPLE have DIED for this right. I cherish it, and WON'T ALLOW a bunch of LEFTIST FUCKS the chance at DESTROYING IT. Apathy will destroy us as a country, if left unchecked.

My Daughter's getting a good education right about now in her Catholic High School U.S. History class, 'cause half of the little "rich bitches" there are just like Mommy and Daddy, liberal little fucks that want to let the Feds take care of 'em from birth to the grave, scared of guns and people like me, don't bother me with details like an election, I'm getting a new iPod, etc.

She gives them 10 Kinds of Pure Hell when they start talking all of that "guns are evil" shit in their classroom debates about Isreal, Iran, current events, Clinton was Good, Bush is Evil, etc.

The teacher smiles when she lashes back at their liberal views, and BACKS IT UP with good research, history, facts, etc. They just sit there, twirling the keys to their new Beamer that Daddy The Doctor bought, and say something REALLY intelligent, like "Oh, My GAWWWWWWWWd."

They don't have a clue, just like their parents. The Apple don't fall too far from the Tree. But that's Okay, people like ME will keep 'em honest.

But, I digress......Forgive me, Ladies and Gentlemen..... [Big Grin]

Pray, Continue.....

DocZeus

--------------------
"Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentation of the women!"

Posts: 2674 | From: Central KY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
James Southerland
Member # 1961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Southerland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bum,

It is indeed a good idea for honest citizens, but I am suprized that the nigrah rights organizations didn't sue.

In Georgia, a fedjudge set aside Ga's law that requires photo ID to vote. Fuckhead said it would deny too many nigrahs the oppportunity to vote because too many of them could not afford the fees for state issued ID.

KKK:

I have never found a young adult that could name one of their senators, their U.S.rep and the name of the govenor.

Not to pick on young folks, because most adults can't do it either.

--------------------
"When a nation makes too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors it winds up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Posts: 3080 | From: Exit 196 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
looney
Messiah
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for looney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since this left-wing shower of shit got in voting corruption has spiked of the charts. Mainly to do with the introduction of postal voting, theft of cards and conning old folk.

I think all convicted of it so far have been of Pakistani origin . But word of mouth seems to say its endemic on the left.

My veiw is you should vote even if you spoil your paper because you hate em all and you should get of your fucking lazy arse to do it. Transport can be arranged for disabled people etc.

A while back just outside a polling station a pollster blocked my path to ask me a question(For the Green party). I almost chinned the fucker where he stood. Anyway he got short shrift and reported to the scrutineers(Its against the law to stop people on there way in, and possibly out as well i think). I read a month or so later in the local paper he got his arse panned for it and quite a few people complained.

Democracy works if you participate, and dont start fucking with the rules and methods, and make sure others play fair as well.

ftr
In the UK pollsters are banned from being 50 feet from the entrance to polling stations(I think), he was just outside the enterance by about 10ft maximum.

--------------------
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Posts: 1579 | From: U.K. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JS,

A state issued ID card is available at all Indiana BMV locations. Can't recall the cost, but it is less than $10 I believe.

What I can certainly believe is the claim by the "underpriveleged and poor" that they can't afford the ID fee. After all, paying that fee would deprive them of a "dime bag" of their favorite brand of smack, or about four/five "forties" of Colt 45, or ten lottery tickets, or whatever the fuck these trash spend their welfare dollars on.

I see these poor people drive up to the county welfare office in their new $40,000 SUV with custom wheels and other bling bling to collect their monthly welfare checks. I see them at the mall buying ridiculous looking clothing at high prices. I see them going into a liquor store and walking out with a couple of hundred dollars worth of booze.

Yet these cocksuckers bitch and moan about not having enough money to feed their fuckin' niglets. These niglets get into the "free" cafeteria line at the local schools because they don't have the pocket change to purchase a meal. And they are wearing a set of $200 Air Jordans shoes to go along with their other bullshit clothes.

Okay, rant mode off. It just makes me wonder whether I'm living in some kind of time warp universe or something like it.

The Retired One

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nicola Tosconi
Member # 3413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicola Tosconi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ya act like Alice in Wonder Land, it's obvious that you have lived your life in a bubble.
Not to mention that there has been articles splashed all over the net about the recent surveys showing that people didn't know that there was a war going on, didn't know where the middle east and last but not least, goodly amount of trhem didn't know the President's name.
I've been in politics enough to know that people didn't know who the county officials were and what their job was. Born and raised here to boot. Didn't know the difference like most here between the primary and general election.
People have voted in the South that has been DEAD as in graveyard dead for twenty years. Again the South dosen't corner the market on it.
I BELEIVE that the general poplulation of those that reside in any given area are too stupid to vote and why with each passing year less people vote .

Well then, considering the illiteracy of your statement, I assume you don't vote.
jchiar
Member # 3283

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jchiar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicola Tosconi:
quote:
I BELEIVE that the general poplulation of those that reside in any given area are too stupid to vote and why with each passing year less people vote .

Well then, considering the illiteracy of your statement, I assume you don't vote.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both"
~ Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 718 | From: essex ny | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
KKK
Member # 377

You ASS-U-ME wrong Nic, but that's ok though it has a lot to do with the crowd you hang with.
jchiar
Member # 3283

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jchiar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You ASS-U-ME wrong Nic, but that's ok though it has a lot to do with the crowd you hang with.

JACKASS

--------------------
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both"
~ Benjamin Franklin

Pennville bill
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennville bill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jchiar:
quote:

JACKASS
Yep.......

--------------------
Regards,
Bill
_ _______________________________ _
I could eat a can of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that.

Posts: 5508 | From: East central Indiana | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicola Tosconi
Member # 3413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicola Tosconi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yeah Ken-Ken, you are correct that I operate on the same assumptions that the rest of the crowd that I hang with here operate on when dealing with you.

Fortunately, according to your analysis, they are qualified to vote .

Nicola Tosconi
Member # 3413

quote:
You ASS-U-ME wrong Nic,

And Ken-Ken, whatever cryptic offer you are extending in "You ASS-U-ME...", I don't roll that way.

However, I'm sure someone can accomodate you at your favorite bath house.

jchiar
Member # 3283

quote:
Originally posted by Nicola Tosconi:
quote:
You ASS-U-ME wrong Nic,

And Ken-Ken, whatever cryptic offer you are extending in "You ASS-U-ME...", I don't roll that way.

However, I'm sure someone can accomodate you at your favorite bath house.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
~ Benjamin Franklin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.