Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » FREE SPEECH BOARD » Road Trip

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Road Trip
James Southerland
Member # 1961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Southerland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything worth seeing in Nogales, Bisbee or Tombstone, AZ?

I am going to spend a week with my daughter in sierra vista and will badly need day trips to get out of the house.

Thanks

--------------------
"When a nation makes too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors it winds up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Posts: 3080 | From: Exit 196 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bare
Member # 2918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been down there once and saw no need to go back.

--------------------
You become that which you despise.

Posts: 3571 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
BBB
Member # 3195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BBB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James

I haven't been down there in a few years.
Check out these sites for some info.

http://www.tombstone.org/index.html

http://www.bisbeearizona.com/index.php

http://www.queenminetour.com/

Stay away from Nogales,its a tourist trap
and a smelly shit hole.

Try to get up to Tucson.The Pima Air and
Space Museum is really nice.

http://www.pimaair.org/

http://www.ci.tucson.az.us/visitor.html

BBB

--------------------
I am concerned for the security of our great nation,not so much
because of any threat without,but
because of the insidous forces
working from within.
General Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 432 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JS,

One of my brothers made the trip to Tombstone a couple of years ago.

Said that the place was nothing but a tourist trap that lived on its reputation from 125 years ago. He told me that the majority of the tourists when he was there were Japanese with their cameras.

The Retired One

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jungle Work
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jungle Work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James,
Not much to see in that neck of the woods. Conorado Nat. Mem. is not much, be sure not to tell them you're packin' in you go in the place.

I used to go to Douglas in the 60s to visit my aunt and uncle who was in the Arizona HP.

If you go to that area and look real hard, you might see some of the illusive "Mexicans", that are claimed to be in that area.

Used to be lots of gun shops in Tuson.

Jungle Work

--------------------
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Graduate: University of South Vietnam School of Jungle Warfare

Posts: 6016 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
James Southerland
Member # 1961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Southerland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like a trip to Jersey City or Bayonne might be more interesting.

--------------------
"When a nation makes too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors it winds up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

jchiar
Member # 3283

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jchiar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jersey City is nice this time of year [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both"
~ Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 718 | From: essex ny | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jungle Work
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jungle Work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No where in Nu Jerky is ever nice, no matter the time of the year. The folks I've know from Nu Jerky were, for the most part, fuckin' idiots, not all, just most.

BTW- If I had all day for the trip, I'd drive up to Prescott and visit J&G Sales, its about 220 miles each way.

Jungle Work

--------------------
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a joke I saw on another forum.

A section of the fence around the White House needed to be repaired. Three contractors and a White House official went to the section of fence to look at it. One of the contractors was from Florida, another from Tennessee, and last from New Jersey.

The Florida contractor pulled out his tape measure and took several measurements and after doing some figuring with his pencil and paper announced that he could do the job for $900. That broke down to $400 for materials, $400 for his labor crew, and $100 profit for himself.

The Tennessee contractor did his thing with a tape measure and announced that he would do the job for $700. $300 for materials, $300 for labor, and $100 profit for himself.

The New Jersey contractor didn't even look at the fence. He told the White House official that the job would cost $2700. The official said "are you crazy, why should I pay you $2700 for this job?". The New Jersey contractor lowered his voice and said,"it's like this, $1000 for me, $1000 for you, and I'll hire the Tennessee guy for $700".

And so it goes....

The Retired One

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
KPDPipes
Member # 3307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KPDPipes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jungle Work:
No where in Nu Jerky is ever nice, no matter the time of the year. The folks I've know from Nu Jerky were, for the most part, fuckin' idiots, not all, just most.

BTW- If I had all day for the trip, I'd drive up to Prescott and visit J&G Sales, its about 220 miles each way.

Jungle Work

Incorrect, there are LOTS of nice places in NJ you just have toi get away from the Turnpike and Parkway..... but then again, keeping the riff-raff tourists in THOSE places, pretty much ensures they leave us alone here in the good parts. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 155 | From: Northern NJ | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jungle Work
Member # 373

KPD,
Where in Nu Jerky can I legally carry my pistol CCW or one of my AR-15s?

As far as the state, one of my friends left forever, when they began to tax toliet paper.

Jungle Work

--------------------

James Southerland
Member # 1961

pThis part of the world sucks. Except for a couple of artsy/faggoty art galleries in Bisbee, it sucks.

Nogales, give it back to mexico.

Sierra Vista, giant mall run amok with every chain operation in the world.

Hereford, tacky subdivision in the middle of the desert.

Food sucks. All the restaurants are chains or mex. And not tex-mex that most of us are accustomed to.

Most exciting thing that has happened has been two morman teenage missionaries knocking on the front door. I was so bored, I invited them in and fucked with their minds until they had the presence of mind to leave.

Thanks for the responses.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.