Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » FREE SPEECH BOARD » Ammo In Short Supply....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ammo In Short Supply....
KKK
Booted the fuck out a here!
Member # 377

Icon 5 posted      Profile for KKK         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seems like the stocks of ammo at several of the outlets is out of stock or no backorder. Local pawn dealer said a month ago that 7.62x39 was getting harder to come by. I also noticed at the last LR gunshow that there wasn't as much ammo stacked out on pallets. Whatsup? [Confused]
Posts: 2196 | From: Newburg, Ar,Lizard | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
pato
Member # 1758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a gubmint plot.

I heard similar stuff back before y2k--one republic of texas yahoo actually told me that the gubmint had ensured that all gunpowder in bullets would become inactive on 1 january 2001--so that only the Feds bullets would work, the populace would be disarmed, and Klinton would declare martial law and take over as dictator.

I laughed so hard I think I hurt the poor guy's feelings.

pato

--------------------
En la vida se presentan dos o tres ocasiones para ser heroe, pero casi todos los dias se presentan la ocasion para no ser cobarde"

Posts: 4440 | From: San Antonio, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
KKK
Member # 377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KKK         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody had Steve Quayle on the SW the other night and he was talking about this, I was on the net at the time so I did a couple of buying attempts at sportsmansguide.com and cheaperthandirt.com and seems like he was on time. Also it took about 6 months last year to get a couple of boxes of 6.8 Rem. Spcl and all of the reloading componets was also hard to come buy. Might be more to it than you know about.
pato
Member # 1758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, there could be less to it.

pato

--------------------
En la vida se presentan dos o tres ocasiones para ser heroe, pero casi todos los dias se presentan la ocasion para no ser cobarde"

Posts: 4440 | From: San Antonio, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pud
Member # 532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pud     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My ammo cans are full of chi-com and russian 7.62X39 mm.
Posts: 6748 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
cyanide
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Goberment is getting ready for IRAN.
IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in the late 1990's, I started stockpiling military caliber ammo. No huge amounts, just enough to get through any ammo shortage's or SHTF scenarios.

I've got about 3000 rounds of 7.62x39 tucked away. At least 1000 rounds of 7.62x51 NATO, maybe 1500 rounds of .223, and about 2000 rounds of 9mm Luger. I've got thousands of rounds of .22 LR and thousands more for all of the various handguns I own. I also have powder, primers, bullets, at least 1/2 ton of lead in one pound ingots for bullet casting, and lots of cartridge cases.

I figure that I could shoot for the next ten years if I am careful and don't waste ammo and components.

I've seen these shortages come and go over the years. I just take them in stride and don't get all that excited about them. Remember, where there is demand, there will always be somebody to supply what is wanted.

The Retired One

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hard Ball
Member # 301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hard Ball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like you are well prepared RB. I follow the samr basic plan you describe.

--------------------
"I swear to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies domestic or foreign WHOMSOEVER."

Posts: 2244 | From: California USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
KKK
Member # 377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KKK         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not quite to the 1/2 ton on the lead, I reckon it'll be easy to come by borrowing it from all the parked cars.
Dustin Dran
Member # 3263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dustin Dran     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im the same way, i like muzzle loading flintlocks for thier simplicty, and the ease of being able to fire them, blackpowder isint hard to find, and it can be made in a gradge in a pinch, saltpeater, sulfer and charcoal, flints? have a ton of them, and 3 55gal drums full of scrap lead from work, long ribbons of it, pure lead, blus a few boxes of wheelweights. i can load blackpowder in almost all my rifles, except for my .223 Ruger, or .45ACP colt, or any of my moder rifles, but for .45-70's, .44-40 or simmler calibers i can load up with cheaper blackpowder for hunting, or plinking. also i think its more fun.

--------------------
it all comes down to GPM v:s BTU's

Posts: 77 | From: Plymouth | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.