Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » FREE SPEECH BOARD » I fail to see the humor here (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I fail to see the humor here
cyanide
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe it is just me
IP: Logged
HiWall
Member # 1705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HiWall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not funny - and no, I dont "Get It?"

--------------------
Where the choice is between only violence and cowardice, I would advise violence. ~ Mohatma Gandhi

Posts: 406 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
TL
unregistered

It is a parody
pato
Member # 1758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did you find it?
My guess is that it's a liberal piece made to portray Bush as uncaring and flippant about the war and its' costs.

They just can't be good losers.

pato

--------------------
En la vida se presentan dos o tres ocasiones para ser heroe, pero casi todos los dias se presentan la ocasion para no ser cobarde"

Posts: 4440 | From: San Antonio, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
TL
unregistered

quote:
to portray Bush as uncaring and flippant
Really..??..?? Imagine that...............
 -

cyanide
unregistered

Now that is funny
TL
unregistered

As a follow-up, just keep pulling for Bush & Company when you have to "show your papers" when the new National ID comes through.

The new passports already have the technology the ID's are supposed to have, and that being a RFID chip in them which is in actuality a mini GPS transmitter as so the "powers-to-be" can find you at any given time with accurracy to 5 meters.

The ID's will be a "must have" not an option, and from the scuttlebutt that is in the air it will also incorporate your driver's license, weapon permits, (which will be obsolete soon, as well), medical history, as well as any criminal or civil action background.

In essence we will be required to carry a "card" that has our whole history on it, as well as the imbedded RFID chip in it so they may keep tabs on us whenever they so choose to find us.

But, ya all know, this is to protect us from the bad elements that could do harm to us, and in the ever-present catch phrase that is the reason behind all "their" ideas...."In the Interest of National Security."

JJ
Administrator
Member # 1163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TL:
As a follow-up, just keep pulling for Bush & Company when you have to "show your papers" when the new National ID comes through.

The new passports already have the technology the ID's are supposed to have, and that being a RFID chip in them which is in actuality a mini GPS transmitter as so the "powers-to-be" can find you at any given time with accurracy to 5 meters.

Terry I have some extensive training and experience in electronics and I can tell you that the GPS transmitter being the size of a micro chip is a long way off.
The power that is needed to beam the signal you're talking about will not fit in a credit card size unit.
It is not available and won't be for a long time.

I can tell you this, If I was back in the service and in an area such as iraq I would be more than happy to let Uncle Sam install a GPS tracking chip under my skin if they had one.
It would be worth it to see the look on the arab scum bags faces as SP kicks open the door and kills every one in the room except me if I was abducted.

If you have a Link to a legitimate site that says we have the tech already post it.

--------------------
The greatest feat the Devil ever achieved was convince the world he didn't exist.

Neca eos omnes Deus suos agnoscet
Translation:
"Kill them all.
God will know His own."

Posts: 10413 | From: Pa. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
pato
Member # 1758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, Terry Lee is back.
I suppose the gubmint has come up with a really cool idea to replace whatever miniature battery that would be needed to power the mini-gps transmitter.
Also, if I lose my wallet with my ID in it--can I go to the local gubmint office and have them find it for me?

Can it be wiped out by magnetic forces such as those near power lines and MRI machines? Will butt gas harm it?

Last time I checked, GPS needs access to the sky in order for the satellites to be "seen"--so if I'm in a building without sky view--I guess I just blank out on the NSA screens, right?

What about when I'm flying? Can they track me at 400mph?

Come on, Terry---increase the meds or come up with some verifiable and realistic stuff.

pato

--------------------
En la vida se presentan dos o tres ocasiones para ser heroe, pero casi todos los dias se presentan la ocasion para no ser cobarde"

Posts: 4440 | From: San Antonio, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
pato
Member # 1758

By the way, in the interest of national security, could you remove the picture of the neanderthal from your posts?

Thanks, dude

pato

--------------------

Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pato,

Thanks for confirming TL's identity. I thought it was him when I saw the location and the rhetoric about the big bag gov't.

TL, I've no argument with you over your point of view. To each his own and all that good shit. Just don't expect me to accept it at face value.

The Retired One

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
TL
unregistered

quote:
If you have a Link to a legitimate site that says we have the tech already post it.

Check this out, for starters

American Passports to Get Chipped <-Click it

I expect as much criticism fom King Bush's loyal subjects. The proof is in the pudding, so to speak, and I am just going to take a "wait and see" stance.

Officer Duck

The avatar remains, but I will try to change from time to time to reflect my mood. For now. it is up to inform RB and others it IS I.

I wish I could post something along the lines as I had in the past, but flames and put downs will be reserved, in the future for the Bush Administration, as is my right of Freedom of Expression.

But, just for you, Duck..I will impart these words of wisdom.

All that you are you owe to your parents. Why don't you send them a peso and square the account? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

That was a "gimme"........ do not expect more.

Be safe out there

JJ
Administrator
Member # 1163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TL:
quote:

Check this out, for starters

American Passports to Get Chipped <-Click it

quote:
New U.S. passports will soon be read remotely at borders around the world, thanks to embedded chips that will broadcast on command an individual's name, address and digital photo to a computerized reader.

The State Department hopes the addition of the chips, which employ radio frequency identification, or RFID technology,, will make passports more secure and harder to forge, according to spokeswoman Kelly Shannon.

I knew it, the chip they want to incorporate into the passports are "RFID", it has nothing to do with GPS tracking and you knew it or you do now.
Terry the same thing is used in security equipment in stores to set off the theft alarms.
The tag gets read and alerts the system.
A few more feet away and it can't even see the RFID tag.
Care to recant?

quote:
RFID technology has been around for more than 60 years

[ January 13, 2006, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: JJ ]

--------------------
The greatest feat the Devil ever achieved was convince the world he didn't exist.

Translation:
"Kill them all.
God will know His own."

TL
unregistered

Nope, because it is just one step more, as I have been told by a tech that installed the chip thing at Walmart, that according to him and his bosses," It is not that hard to send the information to the powers to be to implement tracking via other means."

He also told me that it would not be that hard to send the info recieved to anyone with a GPS transmitter to coordinate where that person was by the information gathered by thr RFID chip.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. The same technology is supposed to be implememted in the National ID.

In any case, I feel if is a violation of privacy issues. If the powers to be did the job they say they have the means for, tracking "us" for whatever reason is not needed.

We have not been "tracked" all this time and things worked out pretty well. If it ain't broke, why fix it".

Talon
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey pato, I don't see you have balls enough to put up your own pic.

Talon I meant to quote you and edited you by mistake, I put it back the way it was, sorry.
JJ

[ January 13, 2006, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: JJ ]

--------------------
Looney said on 1/24/2006:
"We have already established your a retard now take your meds and button it shit pickle."

Posts: 2400 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
TL
unregistered

[ January 14, 2006, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: TL ]

JJ
Administrator
Member # 1163

quote:
Originally posted by Talon:
Hey pato, I don't see you have balls enough to put up your own pic.

Here Talon try the crow LOL

http://www.patriotnetwork.net/forum/member.php?userid=6

--------------------

Translation:
"Kill them all.
God will know His own."

TL
unregistered

Damn, just saw that. Who, in their right mind would think that looked like an eagle?
pato
Member # 1758

Talon,
I don't know you, you don't know me so how about you stop while you're ahead in this silly little game you started.

TL,
You are wrong and it has been proven. There are not GPS transmitters in any ID--and that ID hasn't even come out yet. Seems like you're crying over milk that hasn't yet been spilled.

I have a feeling this is going to become like many other debates held here and elsewhere---you will post something, be proven wrong again and again, yet continue to insist you are right as rain.
There's a good reason you've earned your reputation online TL--and trust me, it ain't a good one.

pato

--------------------

TL
unregistered

quote:
Seems like you're crying over milk that hasn't yet been spilled.
I am not crying over anything.. I inform from articles you see. Jump on the media or publishers asses... and in the past there has been a lot of things reported that did not come to pass when reported, but did later.

quote:
There are not GPS transmitters in any ID
I stand corrected by the updated info JJ asked for. What I was trying to impress that the Passport and the soon-to-come National ID have the ability in SOME way, of tracking individuals

quote:
There's a good reason you've earned your reputation online TL--and trust me, it ain't a good one.
That may have been "then" and online..This is now, so,  -

My "reputation" in real life is all that matters.
Sorry if you did not see the humor in the duck with the Texas badge..I shall delete it

[ January 14, 2006, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: TL ]

Talon
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pato:
[QB] Talon,
I don't know you, you don't know me so how about you stop while you're ahead in this silly little game you started.

No game, Pato. You attacked him on a personal level and I merely pointed out the obvious. If you didn't have your ego inflated by your shiney badge you might have realized you were being a dick and apologized.

--------------------
Looney said on 1/24/2006:
"We have already established your a retard now take your meds and button it shit pickle."

Posts: 2400 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
TL
unregistered

Thanks, Talon for the support, but some people, especially LEO's always think the worse of some people and think they wont' or never can change.

I figured if I came on here, some would bring up the past. I so chose not to visit the past and will NOT get into any rehashing..That was then, this is now.

When my detractors can "walk a mile in my shoes" for the past two years, and see what has changed, perhaps they would rethink their position.

Anyway, 'nuff said on this...Thanks again..

Hankster2
Member # 3279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hankster2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pato....."neanderthal"....HAHAHAHAHA.............yer killin me!!!! LOL!!

--------------------
All thats necessary for Evil to triumph, is for Good men to do nothing.

Posts: 352 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
pato
Member # 1758

I wouldn't walk a step in your shoes, convict, much less a mile.

If your will check your posts--you have at least one in which you state "scuttlebutt" and don't reference anything except your own paranoid mind.

You want to post crap, fine. Just be man enough to take the heat when it comes.

Talon,
I have no issue whatsoever with my badge. If you knew me, you'd know that. However, I now know where you stand--so that's a start.

pato

--------------------

TL
unregistered

quote:
convict,
????

Could you please list the places of incarceration I have been a "convict" in, as so the masses can see what you are talking about?

If not, please move on.

I would think you would have better things to do with your time....like keeping your Hispanic cousins on the other side of the line..being a dutifuly appointed LEO and all, instead of trying to incite something here, that will not work..on my end.

quote:
Just be man enough to take the heat when it comes
Yes, Officer..I surely do not want to cry. [Roll Eyes]

One other thing........  -

[ January 15, 2006, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: TL ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.