Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » General » FREE SPEECH BOARD » Loafing at the gunshop

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Loafing at the gunshop
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most Tuesdays, after my lunch, I go to my favorite gunshop to loaf for an hour or two. Usually there are four or five other regulars who show up at the same time. I would say that there are maybe ten of us who hang around this shop and we probably account for at least 20% of the owner's gross business.

So today I show up at the shop and there are four others there.

Then four minorities (from da hood) walk in and start asking to see just about every auto pistol in the case. They were especially interested in "Glock Fo-Tay's". I am not joking when I tell you that those clowns smelled. I mean they were giving off an odor that smelled like burning weed and I don't mean the kind that you pull from your garden.

Just what I don't need, a bunch of dope smoking spooks in a gunshop. I told the dealer that I would see him later and headed for the door. Before I got my car started, the rest of the regular gang were leaving as well.

So how did yer day go?

The Retired One

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
saltplainsgunman
Member # 3080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saltplainsgunman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm,you all left the dealer alone with a bunch of niggers in a gunshop?

--------------------
FUCK OBAMA

Posts: 815 | From: By The Salt Fork | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, there was an off duty cop in the shop when we left.

The Retired One

1927A1
Pheasant Entrepreneur Owner/Operator
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1927A1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't seem to have that problem here in WV.
We just have the White Meth heads hanging around.

1927A1

--------------------
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
---Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 2604 | From: God's Country, WV | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
5 Rem
Member # 2720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5 Rem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They can be just as bad. Thought I was going to have to cap one at the bank yesterday. Screaming about some business while all the tellers looked nervous as hell.
Posts: 9 | From: Here and there | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
1927A1
Pheasant Entrepreneur Owner/Operator
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1927A1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is big money here in WV. The mimi meth labs took over the pot grower's income.

1927A1

--------------------
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
---Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 2604 | From: God's Country, WV | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pennville bill
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennville bill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the meth epidemic is pandemic. It's thick around these parts as well.

--------------------
Regards,
Bill
_ _______________________________ _
I could eat a can of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that.

Posts: 5508 | From: East central Indiana | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

The county I live in led the state with meth lab busts last year.

You see these freaks everywhere you go. It is estimated that fully half of the burglaries, muggings, and stick up jobs in this area are done by the crystal meth crowd. And as usual, the fearless fosdicks can't seem to get a handle on them. They can take down the labs, but they can't do anything about the users.

And so it goes....

The Retired One

pato
Member # 1758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't do anything about it because it's so cheap and easy to make.
No importing required.

pato

--------------------
En la vida se presentan dos o tres ocasiones para ser heroe, pero casi todos los dias se presentan la ocasion para no ser cobarde"

Posts: 4440 | From: San Antonio, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
cyanide
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The war on drugs is a waste of time and money.
IP: Logged
Teufelhund
Member # 654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teufelhund     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meth is a bad deal. Meth heads are easy to spot, they look like they are dying on thier feet skinny and weak, ozzing sores, teeth rotting in thier head just plain fucked up.

I just don't understand it. Hell, we drank plenty and smoked plenty of dope, but still managaed to make a living and learn a trade by the time we got all that out of our systems. You pretty well expect that out of oil/gas and construction hands, work hard/play hard. It goes with the territory.

It's gotten so bad here (WY) I get some of my best hands from the VOA (Volunteers Of America) A "half-way" house for folks being released from prison. They are on probation living in a "dorm" situation before release. Regular piss test, curfews, councling etc.

Alot of them are just trying to get something different going on in thier lives and break old patterens. They have to hold jobs or they are sent back to prision so they are eager to work. I've never had any grief with them, many of them have thanked me for treating them fair and teaching them a trade they can make a good living with.

I sometimes wonder where this meth thing is going to lead.

Teuf,

Talon
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we spent half the money on rehab and education rather than incarceration we would have a lot less problems. Jail is not the answer to drugs.

--------------------
Looney said on 1/24/2006:
"We have already established your a retard now take your meds and button it shit pickle."

Posts: 2400 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
cyanide
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speak it Talon, you have a clue about what it is all about.
IP: Logged
Pud
Member # 532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pud     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you Talon. War on Drugs is a joke.
Posts: 6748 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

I agree, the War On Drugs is a total waste of time and money.

So the question is, then why is the WOD still with us.

Answer: Money. The drug trade makes and throws off huge amounts of cash. A lot of people besides the dope dealers earn big bucks from drugs. Lawyers who defend the dopers. Doctors and other medical types who run rehab clinics. Dirty cops who are paid off to look the other way. Ditto prosecutors and judges. Look at how many billions of tax dollars are spent to combat drugs. Just think of how much of the infrastructure of this country could be rebuilt and improved with all that money. Every bridge could be rebuilt and every highway resurfaced.

But the WOD goes on and will go on because of the money. Too many people would lose all that cash and their jobs if drugs were made legal. And so it goes.....

The Retired One

Teufelhund
Member # 654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teufelhund     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Retired Bum:
I agree, the War On Drugs is a total waste of time and money.

So the question is, then why is the WOD still with us.

Answer: Money. The drug trade makes and throws off huge amounts of cash. A lot of people besides the dope dealers earn big bucks from drugs. Lawyers who defend the dopers. Doctors and other medical types who run rehab clinics. Dirty cops who are paid off to look the other way. Ditto prosecutors and judges. Look at how many billions of tax dollars are spent to combat drugs. Just think of how much of the infrastructure of this country could be rebuilt and improved with all that money. Every bridge could be rebuilt and every highway resurfaced.

But the WOD goes on and will go on because of the money. Too many people would lose all that cash and their jobs if drugs were made legal. And so it goes.....

The Retired One

All good observations and very true.

What you left out is it has also been used as an excuse to trample all over our civil liberties. The "War On Drugs" was in many ways the "slavery" issue of our day.

Teuf,

pato
Member # 1758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The WOD has taken a back seat to the War on terror.
The narcotics task forces that were a staple in Texas law enforcement years ago will be gone in March--because funding has gone to counter terror.

Just a little example.

pato

--------------------
En la vida se presentan dos o tres ocasiones para ser heroe, pero casi todos los dias se presentan la ocasion para no ser cobarde"

Posts: 4440 | From: San Antonio, Texas, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
KKK
Booted the fuck out a here!
Member # 377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KKK         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Teufelhund:
Meth is a bad deal. Meth heads are easy to spot, they look like they are dying on thier feet skinny and weak, ozzing sores, teeth rotting in thier head just plain fucked up.

I just don't understand it. Hell, we drank plenty and smoked plenty of dope, but still managaed to make a living and learn a trade by the time we got all that out of our systems. You pretty well expect that out of oil/gas and construction hands, work hard/play hard. It goes with the territory.

It's gotten so bad here (WY) I get some of my best hands from the VOA (Volunteers Of America) A "half-way" house for folks being released from prison. They are on probation living in a "dorm" situation before release. Regular piss test, curfews, councling etc.

Alot of them are just trying to get something different going on in thier lives and break old patterens. They have to hold jobs or they are sent back to prision so they are eager to work. I've never had any grief with them, many of them have thanked me for treating them fair and teaching them a trade they can make a good living with.

I sometimes wonder where this meth thing is going to lead.

Teuf,
[/QUOTE

One of the last nails in the coffin, me thinks.

Posts: 2196 | From: Newburg, Ar,Lizard | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.