Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » Weapons » GENERAL WEAPONS » Built Me A AR-10 Like I Always Wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Built Me A AR-10 Like I Always Wanted
TODD 3465
Member # 3182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TODD 3465     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aero Precision upper and lower with built in tension screw to remove play between upper and lower.

Heavy barrel with Aero's equivalent of salt bath nitrided finish 18-1/2"
long.

Free float handguard by Midwest Industries.

Geissele SSA trigger which breaks at 3 pounds.

Magpul MIAD Grip with large inserts for my big hands. And a Magpul collapsible & lockable CTR Stock.

Sights are Magpul BUIS folding.

Scope, well that's gonna be changing as funds allow. I did preliminary sighting in and testing with a NIKON go ahead and laugh..3-9x Rimfire Scope. Still grouped a tad over 0.60 MOA.
Tomorrow unless something changes it's going to get replaced with a Leupold MK AR 3-9x40 that has been a fill in on my 300wm's VX6HD 4-24X has been shipped to Leupold for repair.
I'm sidelining the .300WM until the other scope gets back because I can get as much use out of what I call my MAR-10 with the 3-9x on it as I could get with the .300WM given the useful extreme of the scope.
I've got two 1-4x scopes with illuminated center dots but they don't have enough top end power I wish one was a 1-6 and a 1-8x would be nicer. But as I see it I gotta use what I got until I spy a decent illuminated scope in my price range.
Burris XTR, Vortex and maybe Primary Arms.

--------------------
In 1967, Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take a human life. He replied- "I wouldn't know I've only killed communists."

Posts: 2720 | From: Washington Co., Arkansas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.