Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » Weapons » GENERAL WEAPONS » Too pricey for me......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Too pricey for me......
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a LGS this afternoon to just have a look around.....

Spotted a consignment sale Beretta 87 .22lr Cheetah with box, manual, and two magazines. Looked LNIB and priced at $1000 plus sales tax.

Beautiful pistol and I thought that it would make a nice rim fire companion piece to my 84FS .380 Cheetah. But I balked at the $1070 OTD price.

Besides I have a Walther PP .22lr in the safe which I bought NIB 24 years ago. AFAIC the PP/PPK is the class act in small frame DA/SA auto pistols.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

Posts: 12764 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
RogerTC1
Member # 560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RogerTC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Beretta in deep blue with smooth walnut grips 84B .380 pre-Cheetah days I got way back in 1977. I never had shot it. Closer to $800 at Buds or gun broker NIB. They are both nice pistols

--------------------
"I'm too proud to beg and too lazy to work" Uncle Fester Adams

Posts: 2445 | From: Iowa | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one .22lr Beretta I wished I had kept was a US made 21A Bobcat with the alloy frame and the stainless slide and barrel. Had three magazines for it and believe it or not I bought this Beretta on 9/11/01.....

Neat little pistol and I liked the tip up barrel feature. Made loading the chamber very easy and it was a nice safety feature as well. Just pop the barrel up to empty the chamber and lower the hammer.

But about ten years ago I started trimming down my handgun battery and ended up letting the Bobcat go. Got my money back so I couldn't really complain. Then one day a few years later I found a new still in the wrapper pocket holster for the Bobcat tucked away. I had forgotten about it.

I know two people who pocket carry the Bobcat for CCW. They like the small size and light weight. But I just can't see carrying a rim fire for self defense. Or the .25 Auto version either. My little Kel-Tec P32 loaded with the hot German RWS/Geco steel jacketed 73 grain FMJ is as small as I will go. The P32 is my warm weather CCW piece on days like today. In it's Uncle Mike fabric pocket holster it only weighs 10.5 ounces with eight rounds of the Geco. Nice and flat too. I often forget it is in my RH jeans pocket when I arrive back home.

Yes, I know, I could carry the P3AT .380 version and have a bit more power but I like the P32 and it has never let me down in the close to 20 years I have had it.....

And so it goes with me in this hot muggy weather day in and day out.

The A .32 To The Eye Socket Works Just Fine Retired One

Don't blame me, when the cold weather gets here I will carry my Kahr CM9 with seven rounds of 124 grain Hydra Shok.

Posts: 12764 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.