Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » Weapons » GENERAL WEAPONS » Got it today the first of April

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Got it today the first of April
RogerTC1
Member # 560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RogerTC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my $400 AR...  -

--------------------
"I'm too proud to beg and too lazy to work" Uncle Fester Adams

Posts: 2486 | From: Iowa | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A poly lower receiver AR.....

Buy cheap, get cheap. But WTF, you will most likely never shoot the damned thing anyway....

And so it goes but not to the range.

The My AR's Are Made Of Metal The Way Eugene Stoner Intended Them Retired One

Don't blame me, a plastic rifle is just not in my future

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
RogerTC1
Member # 560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RogerTC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting polymer with metal inserts both upper and lower. All the flash on plastic has been removed. Great fit together on both halves. The take down pins go in and out easy. Stock has a lock on it so there is no movement. Everything else seems top notch. Only fault on mine is that the flash suppressor non slotted side is off a bit. Needs a crush washer and it re-installed. Haven't shot it yet. 9 complete AR's and one complete ghost lower assembly in my collection is enough.

--------------------

Riverdance
Member # 1068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Riverdance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After a career in the Army with both a M16A1 and M16A2, I had no desire to have one after I retired, and filled up my hoard with Mausers, Nagants, Ak-47s, SKSs, and select others (Savage bolt-action, etc). I remembered all those days in the woods with everyone cleaning guns, spreading a white handkerchief down in the dirt so as not to lose all the small tiny parts, like cotter pin, yet so often soldiers had to go to the armorer for a quick replacement. Much easier thought I, to have something simple like an SKS or AK. After Newtown, when there was so much clamoring for banning ARs, I bought my first (Bushmaster XM-15) just as they were disappearing and prices going up. Later at a gun show I picked up a second (Smith & Wesson M&P -15) when the low price was screaming to me). Since I now clean my guns in the clean and stable environment of my home, all my fears of about all the small parts had been for naught anyway.

--------------------
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom; it is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." William Pitt, 1783

Posts: 1615 | From: Prince George, VA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
RogerTC1
Member # 560

RIVER DANCE I HAVE ALL YOU MENTIONED IN QUANITY. LOOK AT MY GUN POSTS HERE. LOSTS OF PICTURES OF MINE. I GOT THE OMNI CAUSE IT WAS INTERESTING AND I WANTED TO SEE HOW IT WAS. REALLY FOR $400 CHUMP CHANGE NOT BAD AND I LIKE GUNS OF COLOR TOO. i WILL POST MORE PIC ONCE I GET IT DOLLED UP WITH SOME ACCESSORIES.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.