Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » Weapons » GENERAL WEAPONS » Got A New Toy Today (pix)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Got A New Toy Today (pix)
TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXAS GUNMAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Decided to go with a Savage 10 FP, accu trigger is adjustable, it real smooth, gotta love it.

-

TG [Cool]

Posts: 1988 | From: texas | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grizz
Resident Antagonist!
Member # 270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grizz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Shooting! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I want to find your inner child and kick it's little ass!"

Posts: 7087 | From: just slightly off center! | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXAS GUNMAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks & will do, still un decided on the best type of ammo and affordable.
I'd purchased some 165gr .308 ammo, $24 per box of 20rds.

Thinking of buying surplus ammo, what do you suggest?

TG

BBB
Member # 3195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BBB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great shooters for the money.I have a friend that
uses South African surplus in his with good results.
Portugese shoots good in his also.Try some Federal
Gold Medal Match 168gr for real small groups,but
it ain't cheap.Have fun... [Big Grin]

BBB

--------------------
I am concerned for the security of our great nation,not so much
because of any threat without,but
because of the insidous forces
working from within.
General Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 432 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grizz
Resident Antagonist!
Member # 270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grizz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay away from the Venezuelan military ammo, even though it's boxer primed and re-loadable, they use the dirtiest burning powder I've ever seen, The crap turns to tar and is a real bitch to clean off!
I'm not real found of the Wolf ammo either, don't like steel casings!
U.S. Military surplus is usually 165gr. boat tail and made by Winchester, Remington or other reputable manufacturers and is what I use for plinking!

--------------------
"I want to find your inner child and kick it's little ass!"

Posts: 7087 | From: just slightly off center! | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

Looking to try out some 168gr and 175 gr ammo.

Will have a range report here before long.

TG

TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

Just got through applying camo, nothing fancy, not bad for 30 minutes of painting.

Looks alot better in person, these pictures suxs.

-

-

TG

Cornbread2
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornbread2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try about 42 grains of AA 2520 and a 168 grain SMK.

--------------------
“At the core of modern liberalism is the spoiled child–miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.” - P.J. O’Rourke

Posts: 1390 | From: KY | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jungle Work
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jungle Work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son has a Savage with a Heavy Barrel in .22-250. Flat shootin' motorscotter and accurate to boot. It also has the clickin' trickin' trigger.
Nice touch by Savage.

Jungle Work

--------------------
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Graduate: University of South Vietnam School of Jungle Warfare

Posts: 6016 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

100 yards.
 -

200 yards.

-

500 yards.

-

600 yards.

-

Makarov Fan
Member # 1390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makarov Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice gun, Texas!!

--------------------
Ich bin kein Nationalsozialist!!!!
Ich bin Republikaner!!!!

Pistolet Makarova: Russian for "Your day just took a turn for the worse, Comrade Badguy!!!!

Posts: 303 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

Thanks for the comments, have applied a new scope base and rings, also a new scope since these previous pixs was posted.

-

-

She has been one sweet shooting rifle so far, Savage make decent rifles now days.

TG

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.