Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » Weapons » GENERAL WEAPONS » Frankenstein M1A/M14...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Frankenstein M1A/M14...
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I went to my favorite gunshop this afternoon to check and see if any of my consighment handguns have been sold. Last Friday I took three revolvers there and by today every one of them had been sold. That's eight revolvers in three weeks...

Anyway, I had a look at what was new and spotted what I first took to be a Norinco Polytech copy of the M14 rifle.

But it turned out to be a Frankenstein gun. The receiver was an Armscor made in the P.I. The barrel was a Winchester M14 with all of the correct markings. And on the end of the barrel was a solid flash hider. You know what I mean, the kind that came on the Chinese made M14's. The rest of the parts were a mixture of US GI and who knows what because there were no markings to be seen. The stock looked to be US GI birchwood with the cutout for the selector filled in with what looked like plastic wood. The killer was the sights. Both front and rear were NM marked pieces that I believe were made by the Rock Island Arsenal.

This rifle looked cobbled together by some garage or basement "gunsmith". Franklhy I would have been afraid to shoot the thing with even a squib load. So I asked the shop owner what he was gonna do with it. Turned out it was on consignment.

Now sit down and grab yer chairs. Asking price was ONLY $1200!!! I just about shit a brick when I heard twelve Franklins. I wouldn't have taken this thing for a freebie and some dufus thinks tha he is gonna score some big bucks here.

And so it goes but I don't think this POS M14 will.

The Retired One

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jungle Work
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jungle Work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the frickin' price wasn't outa sight, it might be alright to invest in it and send it off to Fulton Armory to have them go through it. Other than that, the seller needs a dose of reality or he has the same attitude as PT Barnum.

Jungle Work

--------------------
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Graduate: University of South Vietnam School of Jungle Warfare

Posts: 6016 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
KPDPipes
Member # 3307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KPDPipes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jungle Work:
If the frickin' price wasn't outa sight, it might be alright to invest in it and send it off to Fulton Armory to have them go through it. Other than that, the seller needs a dose of reality or he has the same attitude as PT Barnum.

quote:

Jungle Work

Unfortunately the PT attitude seems to be becominf more prevalent in funshops lately
Posts: 155 | From: Northern NJ | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.