Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » Weapons » GENERAL WEAPONS » Its Been A Dry Spell

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Its Been A Dry Spell
Jungle Work
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jungle Work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't bought any firearms in a while now.
Havent seen anything I want.

I did buy two Complete Stag Lowers, two RRA Stripped lowers and a DPMS stripped lower at the last gun show. Saving for the future.

Now I'm going to build them up after the first of the year, one with a RRA two stage trigger and 24 inch SS Bull Barrel and a flat top Receiver. I have a 3X9 Bushnell "Tactical" (I hate that word, but atleast I got a great rain parka out of it) scope I'm going to put on it.

I envy ol' RB for the Nickel Model 36 that he screwed some poor soul out of. Last gun show here, blue Model 36s, no lock were going for over $400.00.

Well, I guess I'll just hold on to my money till I find something I want.

Until then,

Jungle Work

--------------------
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Graduate: University of South Vietnam School of Jungle Warfare

Posts: 6016 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
SatCong
Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SatCong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I've been living right, that and I HAD a little "foldin'". I have acquired three in the last two weeks:

A. Blue/faux-ivory M 15-3 snub, perhaps 90% +/-.

B. Stainless Series 80 Gov't model, w/ a very
crisp trigger. Clean (now), w/ box and papers. It is a shooter.

C. Something for which I have (unreasonably) lusted for awhile. A NIB (both boxes) Delta Elite, stainless. It is unfired, w/ all accoutremonts. Even had the orange Colt factory hang tag still threaded throught the trigger guard.

SatCong

Posts: 724 | From: Twangtown | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Screwing old grannies out of their husbands guns has always been a popular sport in this neck of the woods....

As I posted, the nickel 36 was a consignment piece and I paid the asking price. I kept looking at the Remington 700 BDL heavy barrel .222 at $485. But when I spied the nickel 36 at $350, I forgot about the 700 real quick.

I used to have a two inch Model 15 years ago. Decent shooter but having adjustable sights on a two inch K frame seemed kind of unnecessary to me. So I let it go. I do have three two inch K frames. Two Model 10's and a Model 12 Airweight. But I would buy another two inch M15 if it were in decent shape and the price is right.

I have a pair of stainless M1911's. But they are S&W's. Stainless Colts are quite rare around here and when one does show up, it goes for more than the cost of a NIB SW1911.

Got a Delta Elite 10mm. Mine is a carbon steel model that sports an expensive Barsto match grade barrel/bushing unit. I understand that the Delta Elite was also offered in .45 ACP. Never seen one of them though.

And so it goes.....

The Retired One

Posts: 12926 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
KPDPipes
Member # 3307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KPDPipes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Retired Bum:
Screwing old grannies out of their husbands guns has always been a popular sport in this neck of the woods....

As I posted, the nickel 36 was a consignment piece and I paid the asking price. I kept looking at the Remington 700 BDL heavy barrel .222 at $485. But when I spied the nickel 36 at $350, I forgot about the 700 real quick.

I used to have a two inch Model 15 years ago. Decent shooter but having adjustable sights on a two inch K frame seemed kind of unnecessary to me. So I let it go. I do have three two inch K frames. Two Model 10's and a Model 12 Airweight. But I would buy another two inch M15 if it were in decent shape and the price is right.

I have a pair of stainless M1911's. But they are S&W's. Stainless Colts are quite rare around here and when one does show up, it goes for more than the cost of a NIB SW1911.

Got a Delta Elite 10mm. Mine is a carbon steel model that sports an expensive Barsto match grade barrel/bushing unit. I understand that the Delta Elite was also offered in .45 ACP. Never seen one of them though.

And so it goes.....

The Retired One

The .45 was called the "Combat Elite" that was my o/d weapon for years.
Posts: 155 | From: Northern NJ | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.