Hard Core Talk Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hard Core Talk » Weapons » GENERAL WEAPONS » I went and did it today....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I went and did it today....
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took a trip to Plainfield, IN to visit a gunstore that I go to maybe three times a year.

My main interest was in picking up some powder and primers. Bought two pounds of Win #231 and two pounds of Bullseye. Bought 5000 Winchester pistol primers. Would you believe that I had to pay $23.00 per thousand for them? Last time I bought which was just over a year ago, they were only $18.00 per M. Holy Shit!!!

Looked at ammo prices. Everybody sez that they are going up. But I saw a wide variation on prices. For example, Italian made Fiocchi 9mm FMJ 50 round box could be had for $7.99. But Winchester White Box .32 ACP FMJ (50) was $15.19 per box!

After spending just over $200 for the powder and primers, I decided to look over the gun cases. Saw about a million or so Glox and other assorted plastik pistolen of various makes. Bunches of Taurus revolvers. Assorted S&W's and Ruger revolvers. Not one single Colt handgun of any kind.

Then I spotted it. A lone brandnew in the box CZ-85 with factory fitted adjustable sights and two sixteen round mags. I tried the trigger on DA and SA. It had that famous CZ smooth DA triggerpull and the SA was maybe three pounds with just a tiny bit of creep. Gun felt good in my hand. I've never owned a CZ 75 or variation of any kind. And I felt that I should check one out to increase my font of knowledge. So I bought the motherfucker with plastic and now it sits next to me on the computer desk. I have entered it into my gun inventory file and later this evening, I will field strip the thing and clean the factory gunk off of it.

Just what I needed, another Euro hi-cap DA 9mm pistole. Love 'em.....

The Retired One

Posts: 12920 | From: Hoosier State | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Friend
Member # 3311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA! You'll love that CZ. Its a fine pistol. I have the 75B and the CZ Compact and they're not for sale. Good deal!
Posts: 325 | From: Where you least expect | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retired Bum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finished cleaning the thing a little bit ago.

Quite simple design when it comes to field stripping. All steel construction except for the short recoil spring guide rod and the grips. Both are plastic. The trigger needs to wear in. I figure 500 rounds will be a good start. Need a few more factory mags. Or Mec-Gar if they make them.

All in all, the CZ seems to be a very decent pistol. Barrel lockup is good. A trip to the range to get the adjustable rear sight zeroed and hopefully the accuracy with my handloaded 115 gr FMJ will be decent. Maybe tomorrow afternoon.....

The Retired One

TEXAS GUNMAN
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXAS GUNMAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear those are nice handguns, post some pictures and a range report. [Wink]

TG

Posts: 1988 | From: texas | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
JJ
Administrator
Member # 1163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have but one question Uncle RB.
Not that I wish you a speedy entrance to your just reward but exactly who will get all those fine pistola's once you do go to meet the man?

Your loving adopted nephew
JJ

--------------------
The greatest feat the Devil ever achieved was convince the world he didn't exist.

Neca eos omnes Deus suos agnoscet
Translation:
"Kill them all.
God will know His own."

Posts: 10413 | From: Pa. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jungle Work
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jungle Work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing about having kids and grandkids, you got somebody to leave your guns to. My youngest grandson is 8 months old. I set a doll and a cap pistol in the floor the other day and then set him in the floor. He crawled over and picked up the cap pistol and started playing with it. Probably be a shooter too. All of the others are, including their mommys and daddys.

I'd try CDNN for magazines.
The CZ75 and the CZ85 are the same magazine.

http://cdnninvestments.com/cz.html

And Uncle RB, if you croak before I do (if you plan on living to a hundred then getting murdered by the jelous lover of a 19 year old girl), send some of them this way.

Jungle Work

--------------------
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Graduate: University of South Vietnam School of Jungle Warfare

Posts: 6016 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hawk45
The 'FUCK YOU" kind of Moderator
Member # 3329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well JW just shot yer wish right in the ass JJ.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
FUCK OBAMA AND ALL LIBERAL ASSWIPES.

Posts: 2524 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Retired Bum
Dirty Old Man
Member # 554

Gee.....

So many people have such nice things to say to me and about me. It really is touching......

Here is what will happen when I die. My brothers (twins, no less) will pay some locksmith to crack open my gunsafe. And then the fun begins. Or war more than likely. Neither one of them could give a shit less about guns per se. To them, they are just valuable pieces of scrap metal. They will divy them up plus all of my other goodies and cart them away. They will then sell them for whatever they will bring. Money is their god and anything else comes in a far distant second.

Don't believe me? One of them is a used car salesman. Need I say more? The other works for Orkin and he likes to kill things to make money.

Of course, I could play a big fuckin' joke on them. When I think that dying time is getting near, I sell off my artillery and spend the money on booze and high class whores. The rest of it I just waste.....

The Retired One

Hawk45
The 'FUCK YOU" kind of Moderator
Member # 3329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rig the damn safe with a nice Claymore....and ship the guns to me and JJ..... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
FUCK OBAMA AND ALL LIBERAL ASSWIPES.

Posts: 2524 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
JJ
Administrator
Member # 1163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hawk45:
Rig the damn safe with a nice Claymore....and ship the guns to me and JJ..... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Just remember to point "FRONT TOWARD ENEMY"

--------------------
The greatest feat the Devil ever achieved was convince the world he didn't exist.

Neca eos omnes Deus suos agnoscet
Translation:
"Kill them all.
God will know His own."

Posts: 10413 | From: Pa. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WWW.HardCoreTalk.com

All contributions become the property of HardCoreTalk.com The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum and website are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of HardCoreTalk.com or any of it's agents. HardCoreTalk.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. HardCoreTalk.com assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message FAIR USE NOTICE This board contains copyrighted material, which is reproduced under the Fair Use Provision of Title 17, U.S.C. Section 107, and is posted for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. This material is posted without profit for the benefit of those who, by accessing this site, are expressing a prior interest in this information for research and educational purposes. This discussion board is strictly operated as a non profit venture and is for the express purpose of educating and informing our members and visitors.